Mods I Have Installed Today Not Working

dellboyjeans

To get things straight I have installed lots of mods before and have worked and still do. However a few mods I have installed today, that appear in vortex and in my files are not affecting the game, however my previous installed mods still do. I have tried reinstalling but they still do not work. Any ideas on how to fix?

1) Look at the mod staging folder. Is the mod data there?

2) Look at the game folder. After Deployment, can you see the same data there?

Note: Vortex is only responsible for putting mods where the game can find them.

If it does that correctly, any mod failure to do what you want is between you and the mod author.

I am also having the same issue. I'm a newbie when it comes to mods so I'll say that much so that's why I'm using a mod manager to help me out. Some of my mods I downloaded are working but I think vast majority of them aren't. I get no errors upon launching the game and if I do get a download error it'll say something like "this has been automatically converted into a redmod file" or something along those lines. Very frustrating and I know people have warned against vortex.

I tried to download manually, which everyone recommends, but I don't think I made a certain file I was supposed to make from the start. So I was dragging the zip files in my cyberpunk 2077 steam folder and now it's just clogged with files. Some of the files I can't tell if they are part of the vanilla game, and you have to keep, or if they are mods I downloaded. And I had the same issue when manually downloading as I am right now with using Vortex. I really would like to use cyberpunk with mods but if I can't then it's not the end of the world. I even tried uninstalling Cyberpunk from my PC in hopes that it will also delete the mod files that were attached to it in the folder. But, when I redownloaded the game for some reason the mod files were still attached to the game. Not sure why but very frustrating. If anyone can help that would be great.

Yeah I figured that was the case. Is there a way I can uninstall Cyberpunk from computer and get rid of any files in the Cyberpunk folder associated with it? It seems like the files are always attached to the game inside of the steam app directory. Because like I said for whatever reason despite me uninstalling it and expecting all the files to be gone they were still there. I really don't want to go in and individually get rid of them because I have 30+ mods I have downloaded and merged with the Cyberpunk 2077 directory through steam. It doesn't make sense that if I completely uninstall it the files are still somehow attached.

1) Switch to Cyberpunk profile

2) Disable all enabled mods

3) Uninstall all your Cyberpunk mods. Choose the delete archive option

3) Deploy

4) Purge (just for completeness)

5) Delete your Cyberpunk profile

At that point, your game directory should be clean, your mod staging folder should be clean, and your Downloads folder should be clean.

Caveat: This works for every game I am familiar with. I am not familiar with the Cyberpunk extension specifically. Check the game directory when you are done.

I followed all those steps and now the Cyberpunk profile is deleted within Vortex along with the mods being purged. But, some of the mods I have manually downloaded are still showing in the Cyberpunk 2077 folder. The ZIP files I have downloaded from the Nexus mod website are also still showing in my download folder. Not sure if I messed up somewhere within the deletion process or something. I would like to try and send screenshots of my Cyberpunk folder to better illustrate what I am talking about, but I cannot figure out how to add an attachment. I tried to just copy and paste the images in here but it won't work.

I don't know enough about Cyberpunk mods to really help you...

If I were you, I would delete any Cyperpunk mod related directories in the game directory, then have Steam validate your game.

Steam will replace any game files you deleted by accident.

Try running the game from Steam and make sure it is OK. The game directory should look good to you now.