Starship Troopers

Dark0ne

I've been hunting for a copy of the original Starship Troopers (the books, i mean) for a while now. I realise i could buy it from Amazon, but it feels like cheating. From the excerpts ive read from various Net sources, it seems to be a classic - a social commentary style book. That sort of thing?

I doubt it could get away with it.

How so? With games like Manhunt out I don't see why there can't be a mass of gore spurting from headless necks! What is this world coming to when we can't even enjoy a bit of senseless virtual voilence? :(

How so? With games like Manhunt out I don't see why there can't be a mass of gore spurting from headless necks! What is this world coming to when we can't even enjoy a bit of senseless virtual voilence? :(

Long are those days, of senseless violence. That's why crime is up, people can't release their aggression in games so they do it in reality.

It's true, ask my friend Dave. Oh wait, he's dead. :laugh2:

I doubt it could get away with it.

How so? With games like Manhunt out I don't see why there can't be a mass of gore spurting from headless necks!

Right, and look at the massive poo storm that raised, ban this sick filth etc. Developers probably don't want that kind of attention.

Unless they work for Running with Scissors, of course.

Right, and look at the massive s#*! storm that raised, ban this sick filth etc. Developers probably don't want that kind of attention.

Unless they work for Running with Scissors, of course.

I think the bad press Manhunt received did wonders for it's popularity among children. It's a bit of a Marilyn Manson "Any press is good press" cliché. Don't you think?