whats with npc down near the end of path near fort dawnguard

Panther619

so im just curious, ive been playing skyrim for years now and never understood the purpose of the npc that is always seen near the morrowind border closest to fort dawnguard that always attacks you when you get close, can anyone explain the purpose of this npc?

so im just curious, ive been playing skyrim for years now and never understood the purpose of the npc that is always seen near the morrowind border closest to fort dawnguard that always attacks you when you get close, can anyone explain the purpose of this npc?

the only battle encounters I've had near Fort Dawnguard have been from vampire or their thrawls

It is not at Dawnguard itself. It is along the road SE of Riften, within sight of the gate that supposedly marks border of Skyrim. The NPC is just an 'easy' levelled encounter, not connected to any quest or script.

Oh...just one of those singular bandit-on-the-road encounters? Must have missed that. The only ones I recall going there are the vampire encounters (which sometimes happen and sometimes don't...usually a trio as I recall, one dude two chicks)