How to make NPC's appear out of nowhere at a certain time of the day

Since your script is supposed to simultaneously enable and disable the same elements, why don't use something like this?

scn ELSJinsAppear

begin GameMode

if GameHour >= 21 || GameHour < 6
if ELSHunbalSpirit.GetDisabled != 0
ELSHunbalSpirit.Enable
ELSAlUzzaSpirit.GetDisabled != 0
ELSAlUzzaSpirit.Enable
else
ELSHunbalSpirit.GetDisabled != 0
ELSHunbalSpirit.Disable
ELSAlUzzaSpirit.Disable
endif
end

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I again tested my script, just used Seed-Neeus and Dar-Ma references(argoninan family in Chorrol) and script was compiled without errors and tested working fine. You propably made somewhat wrong change to line with hour condition, so this line isn't recognised, making the cascade of these error messages to appear. Show your changed script.

@OblivionAddicted:

???

ELSHunbalSpirit.Enable
      ELSAlUzzaSpirit.Enable
      ELSHunbalSpirit.Disable
      ELSAlUzzaSpirit.Disable

Can you explain this, please?

@OblivionAddicted: Yes, your edit have now some meaning, but as GetDisabled is function for checking a state, using it in this manner doesn't have sense in my opinion.

Oh well, after seeing all this, I think I have enough (at least for today). Good bye.

Since your script is supposed to simultaneously enable and disable the same elements, why don't use something like this?

scn ELSJinsAppear

begin GameMode

if GameHour >= 21 || GameHour < 6

ELSHunbalSpirit.Enable

ELSAlUzzaSpirit.Enable

else

ELSHunbalSpirit.Disable

ELSAlUzzaSpirit.Disable

endif

end

This doesn't work at all. It's not that there are errors and that. It's just that the NPCs don't appear.

@OblivionAddicted: Yes, your edit have now some meaning, but as GetDisabled is function for checking a state, using it in this manner doesn't have sense in my opinion.

Oh well, after seeing all this, I think I have enough (at least for today). Good bye.

I assumed the GetDisabled function is appropriate for this script.

Ok, I saw the edits and they work. Thank you all for your help and time, I really appreciate it.

How can I do something similar with gates? I entered the ref ID of a gate I placed, but the gate is already there. Need I create another gate (with a different base ID)?

I was looking the scripts for the Oblivion gates, but couldn't make sense, though the idea here is the same: the gate appears at 9 p.m. Or I could set an NPC to open the gate.

Doors (and probably gates) are saved in the savegame. You need to either use a save from before you ever went near that location or use a new game start for testing doors.

Doors (and probably gates) are saved in the savegame. You need to either use a save from before you ever went near that location or use a new game start for testing doors.

So, I should delete the gate and then put it again in order to save it correctly?

If I recall correctly from when I ran into this the door would still show ingame even after it was deleted in the CS (or perhaps I was only trying to move the door ... was a very long time ago).

If you don't have a save from before you got close to the location you could maybe try disabling the one you don't want with the console (click on it to get the ref displayed up top and then use the disable command) but I wouldn't try that using anything except a testing save (so in other words a save you will not be using to continue your game).

When you are saying gate are we talking about like a fence gate or are you talking about Oblivion gates (if it's the later I have no idea if they are affected the same way as doors and fence gates).