How to make NPC's appear out of nowhere at a certain time of the day

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ... the ones with the rectangular portal and blue glow. I can't say whether those types of gates have the same problems as the regular doors and fence gates (and ayleid ruin doors and cave doors).

You may need a new game start to find out whether or not they act the same as regular doors.

I do know that with the regular Oblivion gates if you get close enough for your map marker to change they are permanent, but if you don't get close, even though they show in your map if you leave the area and don't come back until the max number of gates are discovered they aren't created (I always try to avoid the gate that spawns on the Isolated House so the house isn't destroyed).

The cell that the dorr/gate teleports you to isn't the issue I'm speaking about ... it's the position of the door/gate in Tamriel that is saved in the savegame.

I have zero experience in the case of Oblivion gates or the ones you are talking about. The incident that brought the persistent in a save issue to my attention happened a decade ago when I was quite new to modding (I was trying to raise the entrance spiral stairwell to an Ayleid ruin added by the mod Aranmathi so it wasn't partially filled with water ... everything except the actual door would move to the new height).

Perhaps someone else has some insights to share.

Examining both Peryite and Boethia quests - although they used different approaches to do same thing, they're using standard Enable or Disable commands without script tricks, so there shouldn't be much problem. But to make both commands working on them from outer scripts, these type of gates must be set as persistent (that's why they will be baked into save, so for testing use save which isn't used your mod yet). Another problem could be in script controlling your gate (if you already made one) which makes the gate appear sooner than it should.

• 4 weeks later...