"Go to jail" problem

Hello.

I'm having crashes with the "Go to jail" option only in selected areas (Balmora and Dagon Fel areas, that I know of). When you select the topic in those areas, instant CTD.

I have no idea which mod might be affecting it - can anybody help educate me about how I might find what is causing a region dependent crash for "Go to jail"?

It has been bugging me for a while!

Interesting technique - not what I was expecting at all!

I'm not convinced it would work though, and he does make that point: it can't really detect conflicts, just what mod is causing the problem, potentially in conjunction with something else.

Well, I actually solved my problem by searching to find info on exactly how the "Go to jail" mechanism works. So I found out about the "PrisonMarker" activator, and how Morrowind calculates the distance to the nearest one in the game world (that's pretty clever) and teleports you there. So then I thought: which cells isn't it working in and where would that send me and which mods do I have that might have altered the "PrisonMarker" activators.

"Better Forts" was the culprit.

So now I've done my first bit of very basic modding by opening up those mods in the CS, fixing the PrisonMarkers, and also deleting all the incredibly buggy portcullis and drawbridge scripts.

I've even added a brand new PrisonMarker at Fort Ghostmoth.

A little bit proud of myself. :)

Time to get started on my long desired in-depth Census and Excise faction mod? (Yes, I know there is one, but it's a bit brief..)