How do NPCs preach and pray?

I want to make some NPC's preach (like Mankar Camoran in the Shrine or the Prophet in KOTN) and pray (like Sir Roderic in KOTN and the Mazken/Aureals in the Flame of Agnon quest).

I 've been looking into these NPCs' AI and scripts, but I haven't found any clue.

Edited by Dimitrisgb

Do they have a Misc Item in their inventory? If so look for an AI package that is Use Item pointing at that Misc Item. A script will direct the item to an animation (look in Gameplay -> Idle Animations in the CS).

This is what I use for adding dance animations to certain of my female 'house guests'.

Forcing Idle Animations on the CS Wiki.

The pictures are missing on the CS Wiki so for the three pics from this tutorial I uploaded them here:

Forcing Idle Animations Pic 1

Forcing Idle Animations Pic 2

Forcing Idle Animations Pic 3

They pray through a Use Item At AI package. The item is aaaObeisanceToken. The item doesn't need to be in their inventory. The count controls how often they do the praying animation.

I 'm not talking about that. With these moves the NPCs just ponder, hold their hands while looking down, raise their tight arm in the sky etc.

For the moment I have made some progress. I found the idle anim for the preach (speechhandsonair) and for praying. I set 2 conditions: 1) GetIsID, to make sure that a certain NPC moves like that and GetIsUsedItemType. This is working for the preaching, but not for praying. I 'll keep testing.

This is what I use for adding dance animations to certain of my female 'house guests'.

Forcing Idle Animations on the CS Wiki.

The pictures are missing on the CS Wiki so for the three pics from this tutorial I uploaded them here:

Forcing Idle Animations Pic 1

Forcing Idle Animations Pic 2

Forcing Idle Animations Pic 3

How do I set the NPC to do that at a certain time of the day?

Using the the AI package schedule. You can also limit the package to certain parameters using Conditions (e.g. only execute in a certain cell etc).

The trick with Conditions is to use as few as you possibly can get away with. When I set up for an NPC to use a Chapel altar I try to make sure they have a Wander package in that Chapel for the hour following the Use Item package.

Takes a lot of experimenting and tweaking sometimes.