Has Disney lost it's Mind?

JediMasterTallyn

And some of their content is the best ever produced. They're taking the expanded universe concept that Lucas relegated to books and comics and making it part of the live action canon. Lucas would never had allowed things like Rogue One, Andor, Ahsoka and The Mandalorian.

Pity about The Force Awakens, Rise of Skywalker and Solo. "Somehow Palpatine returned"...should have left that nonsense in FortNite.

Some of the offshoots were REALLY good. I don't really care for the direction Disney went with the last three in the Skywalker saga.... They were entertaining.... but, I didn't care for what they did with some of the characters.

Disney's Star Wars output has been very hit or miss, with the exception of Rogue One the movies have been terrible and the less said about Kenobi and The Book of Boba Fett the better, but the first two seasons of The Mandalorian were good and Andor was on a whole new level.

Disney should have never purchased the MCU or Star Wars.

They don't have the love for those IP. They see them purely as guaranteed money. They were wrong. Turns out people will gladly stop watching the destruction of their once favorite stories. As much as I enjoy the benefits of capitalism, it sure has a bad habit of turning good things into sh!t.

They way forward for Star Wars is dropping the pollicization and stick to telling the story.. Same with the MCU. and gear the movies to adults.. Rated R like Logan and Dead Pool. A rated R Star Wars would be bad ass.

Disney should have never purchased the MCU or Star Wars.

They don't have the love for those IP. They see them purely as guaranteed money. They were wrong. Turns out people will gladly stop watching the destruction of their once favorite stories. As much as I enjoy the benefits of capitalism, it sure has a bad habit of turning good things into sh!t.

They way forward for Star Wars is dropping the pollicization and stick to telling the story.. Same with the MCU. and gear the movies to adults.. Rated R like Logan and Dead Pool. A rated R Star Wars would be bad ass.

Disney is just being politically correct. Unfortunately, they have gone overboard on it, and they are not alone in that. Most of the recent movies/tv series I have seen are going this route. I find it depressing.

Disney is just being politically correct. Unfortunately, they have gone overboard on it, and they are not alone in that. Most of the recent movies/tv series I have seen are going this route. I find it depressing.

It can be turned around, look at Picard, the first two seasons were some of the worst TV ever made but then they got a showrunner in who understood Star Trek and who was a fan, the result was a season of Star Trek that was right up there with the best.

It can be turned around, look at Picard, the first two seasons were some of the worst TV ever made but then they got a showrunner in who understood Star Trek and who was a fan, the result was a season of Star Trek that was right up there with the best.

Is there a Picard Season 3?????

Yeah, although it has little to do with the first two seasons and is more like an eighth season of TNG, it gave them a proper send off after the movies failed to. I saw this on Twitter and it just about says it all.

o7uAb0b.jpg

Yeah, although it has little to do with the first two seasons and is more like an eighth season of TNG, it gave them a proper send off after the movies failed to. I saw this on Twitter and it just about says it all.

o7uAb0b.jpg

Gonna have to watch that...... :D

As far as Star Wars goes I agree it has been very hit and miss. As for what I thought the movies should be it is rather simple.

first 15 minutes of movie #7 Luke Han and Lea are all standing on a balcony half pay attention to some ceremony happening in the back ground Chewie a woman with her back to the camera and the bots are there as well. The scene progresses and our heroes discuss the end of the rebellion and peace and establishing the Jedi order in broad strokes. The woman turn and say here they come, The camera pans to show a big graduation and (insert name here) Skywalker or Solo is announced graduating from X (Jedi Academy, medical school; university of ?; Military Academy?) They cheer and the screen fades.

The Customary scroll now happens beginning with the words 500 years later. Skywalker and Solos need not be important start over with your own character which are new and have their origins have to be explained. Which is what they did even though they disregarded 20 years of "legends" because they DID NOT want to do that.

414v6pu1odL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Gonna have to watch that...... :D

I'll shut up then. :D

As far as Star Wars goes I agree it has been very hit and miss. As for what I thought the movies should be it is rather simple.

first 15 minutes of movie #7 Luke Han and Lea are all standing on a balcony half pay attention to some ceremony happening in the back ground Chewie a woman with her back to the camera and the bots are there as well. The scene progresses and our heroes discuss the end of the rebellion and peace and establishing the Jedi order in broad strokes. The woman turn and say here they come, The camera pans to show a big graduation and (insert name here) Skywalker or Solo is announced graduating from X (Jedi Academy, medical school; university of ?; Military Academy?) They cheer and the screen fades.

The Customary scroll now happens beginning with the words 500 years later. Skywalker and Solos need not be important start over with your own character which are new and have their origins have to be explained. Which is what they did even though they disregarded 20 years of "legends" because they DID NOT want to do that.

George Lucas gave them the scripts for 7, 8 and 9 and they threw them in the bin, if they didn't want to go with them then there was a ton of good "Legends" content they could have used, instead they chose to wing it and make the sequel trilogy up as they went along, they've mishandled the franchise from day one.