Ps4

Asheas

Should make mods that go for pc and Xbox one for ps4 it would be great. Because there's alot of people that also use ps4 and would like to have the same thing that xbox one and pc has. Even if it's a little mod or another version of it. Like some companion mods for my ps4 I can't use and I'm not wasting money on these systems to get the mods.

The lack of PS4 mods is on Sony, they're the ones who placed the restrictions on PS4 mods, no one here can change that.

Sony do not allow any external assets so if it's not vanilla it can't be used, even a small change to a vanilla script, mesh or texture is out of the question as it becomes an external asset.

Out the door sailed my PS4, the brand Sony wiped from all existence forevermore.

The lack of PS4 mods is on Sony, they're the ones who placed the restrictions on PS4 mods, no one here can change that.

Sony do not allow any external assets so if it's not vanilla it can't be used, even a small change to a vanilla script, mesh or texture is out of the question as it becomes an external asset.

Out the door sailed my PS4, the brand Sony wiped from all existence forevermore.

The excuse they gave was pretty lame, they cited security concerns, what harm can meshes and textures do? ones that the game already uses. I don't like to sing Microsoft's praises but they let users turn their XBones or Series S/X consoles into dev kits that can run all sorts of stuff, meanwhile Sony won't even let people install a few harmless assets.

The reason for it is pretty easy to understand (though I don't agree with it). Installing mods will degrade the game's performance. Players will blame that on Sony. Sony has been pushing the idea that games look better and play better on their console, so mods threaten that image.

It's a bad decision, but you can't deny that their players would almost certainly not understand that they were making the game perform worse on their own.

My PC was down for a time so purchased a pre owned copy of Skyrim for PS4.

The whole show is just extremely poor, that Bethesda site is an abomination it constantly crashes, that is after the icon has spun for a good 5 minutes, then it will do it again, then again.

The search engine does not search titles of mods, it searches the description of mods, you can type in the exact name of the mod you want and get nothing to do with it.

The search only brings up 100 mods at a time, it's guaranteed that 2 completely different searches will bring up the same 90+ out of those 100 mods.

The PS4 page contains many mods that don't work such as MHIYH (external scripts) I reported that mode twice to the site, ignored, I posted the porter, ignored, probably still on there, but the most painful thing was post after post of "it doesn't work"....along with over 2000 endorsements, sigh, shortly after the ability to even comment on the site or mods was removed.

Note that this was around 5 years ago so it may have improved but most likely not.

Edited by Dashyburn