I need new games....

InDarkestNight

Skyrim is the only thing I've been using this stupid computer for. I've finally got fed up with getting that hot turd to f*#@ing work. So I've quit forever, but problem is I have no other games to play, despite OWNING DOZENS.

Every other game I own has been updated into something I simply cannot play. The reason I was only playing Skyrim is because it was the only game I had left. And before you ask, I was playing LE, so I wasn't having to deal with bethesda's war on mods. Besides, it was far more stable on my computer for some reason anyway.

I tried to play Terraria and Dwarf Fortress, but I quickly got f*#@ing sick of those games. I used to love Terraria, but with the 1.4 update they turned it into a bullet-hell game that I simply cannot play. I used to be able to get up to the pillars, now I can barely make it to hard mode, and once that's done my game is forever unplayable. All I do is sit there helpless dying to basic mobs over and over.

Problem is, I have a shitty pc that apparently can't run ANY game coming out now. It can't run phasmophobia, baldurs gate 3, or really any game it seems. The newest game I own is Shadow of Mordor, which I haven't played in years because I hit a snag I simply could not get past (this stupid part of the main quest where you have to do a stealth mission, but problem is you have to f*#@ing speedrun it in like 10 seconds or something stupid like that and you can't screw up one time, haven't tried to play it since).

What do I want? I know what I DESPISE, but I can literally think of no game that meets my requirements, because everything I despise is all I've ever played. Here is a list and examples:

I hate instability (f*#@ you worthless skyrim)

I hate updates (f*#@ skyrim and everything on steam, and every ccg/tcg out there, f*#@ YOU BLIZZARD AND YOUR PAY TO WIN HOT GARBAGE HEARTHSTONE)

I hate difficult games (factorio is by far the most merciless game I've ever played in my life)

I hate games where you put a huge amount of effort into something only to have it blow up in your face in the end (factorio, dwarf fortress, all ccgs)

I hate RNG (f*#@ you civilization series, and all card games)

I hate everything on steam, because its filled with SCAM GAMES THAT HAVE AN OVERLY LONG TUTORIAL OR MATCHES JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK IF THE GAME ISN'T SOMETHING YOU'D ENJOY, ITS WHY I HATE DOZENS OF GAMES I DESPISE

I hate GRINDING (as I get older, time obviously becomes more precious, lately when I'm grinding I can't help but think 'I could really be doing something better with what time I have left).

So, what can I play instead of all the hot worthless garbage I've played my whole life? I don't know. I haven't even bought a game since Shadow of Mordor, because I got sick of getting scammed by steam. I really just don't know what else to look at.

Edited by InDarkestNight

All match-based games meet the criteria of 'I hate games where you put a huge amount of effort into something only to have it blow up in your face in the end'. This oibviously includes all RTS games, and CCG/TCGs, f*#@ing mobas, just about all games it seems.

That said, I forgot to mention grinding. I already put that in the first post.

Due to people's difference in tastes,

I will not recommend a game, but:

You might look into GOG (Great old Games )

https://www.gog.com/

All kinds; good prices on most.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, recommend some dynamic open world game

Fallout 4 with lots of mods.

I run big location addtions like Atomic World, Ryns fallout, South of the Sea - Atoms Storm, far better far harbor, The Farmlands, The Marshands, The forest, The Wilderness, Xander's Aid ( from Neeher), Project Mojave with Wolfe's extension on top, Tales of the Commonwealth, better Settlers, Savage Isle, Nowhere 1.2.2, Beyond the Borders;.. all loaded at the same time without any major issues.

Plus nearly the entire "Living" series of settelment mods from Zed140.

So my sandbox is maybe 3 to 5 times bigger than "stock".

Have you tried No Man's Sky?

I note a few of your posts stating LE runs better and more stable than SE, my PC is an ancient potato that won't run new games either but runs SE with 250 mods looking glorious at 50-60 fps with no crashes.

If you post your specs and load order in the appropriate forum the community will help you to get SE running well :)

• 3 weeks later...