Nexus Mod Manager plans, answers and if you're a coder, we want yo

Dark0ne

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly fresh to all this. My comp is mid grade at best. I also knew before my first manual download that I was responsible 100 % for what happened to my goods. I've also had to re-install windows twice... but, I loved every second of it. I'm a single dad with a bare minimum of time for myself. So when I tell y'all that everyone involved here are saints, you best believe it. There is no amount of money that I could ever repay to any of you for what I actually receive from this place. Much love and respect to all.

Modular NMM a possibility?

I can imagine coding a Manager to cope with all potential games that can be modded would be a coders worst nightmare.

Would it be possible to develop a core manager UI + platform that talks to the NEXUS servers then create plugins for each game as each new game comes along?

Allow some NMM functionality and mod download control (queuing) for new games to the users PC, rather than the standard manual download. While you work a plugin to allow NMM to auto mod the games?

This could also be handy for S.T.E.P. type communities as they could preset a download list for NMM, which can then download all parts and rearrange (or BOSS), as the servers become available. Pushing this STEP feature further to the extreme would be to have a system allowing packing (.RAR, .ZIP etc) of these listed mods on the fly before download to save on bandwidth. PRE choose your mods for the NMM to pre ZIP before download. (of course this would need a change to the small print so modders understood this).

Another option would then be to allow authors of other mod managers to use NMM's UI, and their own MM as a plugin to the nexus MM

I know NMM code is available for us all to work with ourselves. But to make a NMM that allows user created MMs as plugins might save you guys some effort.

This is not a knock. Just some options in case you guys are suffering tunnel vision.

Trix

Edited by versengeteriks