Vortex Not deploying my mods for BG3

Khazore

I am having issues deploying my mods for BG3 and it's only one mod and the Full Release Fix. Basically when I try to deploy a screen comes up "please confirm User Access Control", which I do. and then it just times out, and I get and Error

"Deployment Interrupted; Symlinks on your system can only be created by elevated process and your system just refused/failed to run the process elevated with no error message. please check your system settings regarding user access control or use a different deployment method.

Not sure what to do here.. I'm using Windows 11, and UAC is at default setting.. The mods folder is on the same drive as the game is installed. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

I've uninstalled and reinstalled all software, BG3/Vortex etc.. Still no go, I've even fresh installed everything onto the same drive. Nothing.. I can't seem to get passed the UAC issue, and it's set to default where vortex recommends it. so I've uninstalled Vortex and won't be continuing to waste my time trying to get it too work as it doesn't like something on my system.

Hey, I was having the same issue but fixed it by installing on a different drive.

The drive I had the game and mods originally stored used an exFAT file system instead of the native NTFS file system that Vortex uses, I would check the properties of your drive to see what file system your drive uses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just encountered this too.

I've used Vortex to run Fallout 4 with mods on the same drive I have Baldur's Gate 3 installed on. Both steam versions.

I did a full windows reinstall after getting sick of problems with the BG3 Mod Manager and decided to try Vortex for BG3. Everything *looks* like it installs fine until I try to load a modded save game and BG3 tells me no mods are installed. I go back to Vortex and see the Deployment Interrupted message.

What the heck is "an elevated process", what settings do my User Access Control need to be and/or what different deployment methods are available?

It's a singularly unhelpful error message.

Edit:

I came across this Youtube guide by Food then Games:

... and realised Vortex was launching in Vulkan mode when I had been playing in DX11 mode. When I swapped to the ...Steam\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\bin\bg3_dx11.exe as the starting tool and restarted BG3, suddenly BG3 was recognising installed mods.