Zippy Zip-A-Long

Maharg67

ON FROM POST #29

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Story%20of%20Graham%20Maharg/GM-ITS-00004.jpg

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just caught up :rolleyes: but can't wait to read yet more of this work, the Duke sounds intregging, I also can't wait to see more of yours and Hurculine's works on the nexus. So keep it up. :biggrin: :biggrin: :thanks:

Mildly Blue Day

On a busy morning I get on the TransPerth bus, a public transportation bus, going from the outer suburb where I live in Perth, Western Australia. Sometimes I chat with people but even if I do it is only brief good mannered stuff. You know, talking about the weather and or how buses are so often late. Got to admit it the routine is enjoyable sometimes and boring at others but mostly it is just something that one does, that one quietly and unthinkly endures.

Being a pensioner I place my discounted SmartRider card against a reader device, tagging on they call it, and find a seat. Always the bus goes to a transition station at a place where there is also a shopping complex. Sometimes the bus changes over to a number that I can ride further into the city so I don't get off but many times I have to change over at once to another bus or just wait for another bus.

Lots of aboriginal people where I live and African immagrants which makes life interesting. Security guards are there with tazers. Saw one screaming at a young black man once until the black guy reacted and the security guy had an excuse to zap him; he zapped him. Sometimes there is trouble but I have heard it was worse before I came along. Must be because of my good influence (yehhh right!).

Go into the city, not a big city with only a million or so folks that somehow manages to still feel like a big town at times, get off close to the CBD (Central Business District), go to the studio but on the way pause to buy a not so cheap take away coffee. Mildly flirt with a young woman behind the counter who is of course desirous of my short, fat, ugly poor self.

(Can't help it, those supermodels just keep on begging me to go out with them but I just have to refuse; I mean I have my reputation as a loser to protect!)

Studio means painting or doing 3D montage stuff. Creativity is sometimes stronger or weaker as is focus and sociability. Its good to get something strong happening but I am still newish to being an artist, an aspiring artist, and it's hit and miss. Results are mostly not satisfying to me even if others are pleased. Still, some items are pleasing even if only because they show my abilities have improved.

Running out of money! Used to do more shopping for luxuries like computer games, graphic novels, figurines but now I have to be more careful. I am far from alone from that even though Australia's economy rode out the big world economic troubles better than did those of many other countries.

Am still short, fat, ugly and poor so I should attract a young beautiful wealthy woman any day now who will take me away from all this!

(Yehhh right!)

Life goes on!

I admire the poets ability at crafting perplexing thoughts from simple words. I skill that I personally, have never mastered. Maharg employs techniques that I found similar to late sixteenth century poets from northern Europe. Although with some pieces, endings felt flat when compared the body. (maybe because i wanted to read more) I found this particular piece, mildly eccentric in its telling, and written with a truthful zeal that I admire.

-As a side note, (unrelated to the artist's work) the paragraph about Aboriginals stirred a thought; there were over five million Native Americans in the United States. When colonists arrived, they quickly reduced the native population to under five hundred thousand. (a near complete genocide) Aboriginals are the oldest race on the planet who, when Britain invaded, met a similar fate. Zapped, indeed...

And before I forget, stories revolving around the Elder Scrolls have always fascinated me. I spent a lot of time searching ruins and forts in search for books and other literary goodies. I feel like I found another treasure...

Sitting here so damned tired

Sitting here dizzy with the side-effects of medication

Sitting here trying to focus on these very words

Siting here trying to deal with my illness

Sitting here trying to ignore the pain

But now I can sit no more

But now I must turn off the computer

But now I must sleep
Edited by Maharg67

• 2 weeks later...

Giggles the Ballet Behemoth of the DC Wastelands

Giggles the behemoth super mutant leapt daintly into the air, or so he imagined, and landed on the ground. The ground shook with a boom. Giggles twirled in what he thought was a wonderful ballet motion and a lamp-post crashed heavily to the ground and a whole pack of wild dogs fled in terror. The behemoth did not want to hurt people but wanted only to entertain the world as a wonderful ballet dancer. In his mind he was dancing on a great big stage lit up by huge spotlights and the people were cheering.

The Brothers of Steel were staring at the behemoth in bewilderment. They did not bother to hide or even aim their weapons at Giggles for the Brotherhood had long realised Giggles was harmless except if one got to close to him when he was dancing. About twenty metres was a fairly safe distance and a few fast escape routes were highly recommended.

Giggles giggled in a horrible super mutant fashion and fell over, crushing a three wheeled wreckage of a vehicle. Then he sat up and scratched one big buttock in a very un ladylike fashion. The two soldiers, a woman and a man, applauded by clapped their armoured hands together as loudly as possible. Then they pointed to a small heap of prepackaged food, bottles of NukaCola and bottles of purified water.

Giggles sat down on some rubble and carefully ate and drank the stuff the BofS had given him. He lifted one buttock and farted with a sigh of relief. A radroach fell over with its six legs wiggling madly in the air.

Giggles was happy! He had an audience and he had rewards. What could be better?

Edited by Maharg67

Inspired by a story topic we are sharing in which Dezdimona did not want dragons to appear.

There are no dragons here in this story!

Two very dragon like, but not really dragon farmers strolled along a countryside path. Actually they were clearly farmers because they had cardboard signs hanging around their necks that said 'WE ISS NOT DROOGANS'. I mean people might look at their tall reptilian shape, their folded wings and long tails and have doubts about the words on the signs but really those not non dragons really had such sincere expressions on their faces you had to believe them, really you did.

One of the totally not dragons looked around with a worried expression on his face and then he spoke out loud as he pretended to be speaking casually. "You know, Bob, who is not a dragon, I think that it is a wonderfully sunny warm day for me, who is not a dragon, don't you think."

It was raining lightly and was rather cloudy, was cool.

"Yes, Ben, who could not possibly be a dragon, you are quite right." The other coincidentally dragon like farmer looked around with worry. "So just in case Dezdimona might be listening, then she should not have any reason to be mad with us."

Bob nodded overly much and then he sneezed and roasted an imp who had foolishly flown too close. Bob popped the imp into his mouth, chewed, swallowed and then sighed with contentment. Then he gasped with fear, looked around to see if Dezdimona had seen the flames and then he relaxed.

There was only a cardboard box with finely shaped legs sticking out of it wearing black fishnet stockings and high-heel shoes. On it was written. "Not Dezdimona'. Warm desirable eyes peeped through holes in the carboard.

The dragons were glad they could read a few words. They smiled at each other. Then Bob spoke. "Gggaaawww, its a good think we didn't expose our dragon ness."

Suddenly Dezdimona ripped off her cardboard box, ripped it up in triumph and pointed at the dragons. "Hhhaaa, I knew it! You are dragons. Prepare for trouble!"

But Bob, who it turns out was really a dragon after all, pointed to Dezdimona and said. "Do you know you are only wearing high-heel shoes and stockings and garters."

Dezdimona sneered. "Do you think I am that silly." Then she looked down, blushed very brightly, looked up and shreiked. Dezdimona, who no longer had a cardboard box to use, ran all the way home.

Ben turned to Bob. "That was the dreaded Dezdimona."

Bob nodded at Ben. "That is exactly correct, I think, yes Ben."

Then both dragons screamed in fear, turned and ran all the way home.

PS: Dear Dezdimona, I Maharg67, am not a dragon.

Thank you very much Hurculine and Dezdimona for your wonderful positive feedback.

You could please tell me if you liked both the stories above and what of the poem before that which is a good deal more bleak?

Feedback would be welcome.

Thank you very much Hurculine and Dezdimona for your wonderful positive feedback.

You could please tell me if you liked both the stories above and what of the poem before that which is a good deal more bleak?

Feedback would be welcome.

stories I like.The poem opens a door to the real you.That takes courage and so yes I enjoyed that insite into your world