Maharg67

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now to be continued, Species5478

THE COSMIC OPERA

CHAPTER TWO

Kvatch was under siege by the super-mutants. They were digging ditches and other crude fortifications with brute strength and cut down trees along with material from smashed up buildings. From the rebuilt and much enhanced walls of the city catipults and other war/engines hurled projectiles. Battlemages and mages threw fireballs, bolts of electricity, ice storms and other magical attacks. Elementals of many kinds were summoned and used against the enemies since it was forbidden now to summon daedric or undead forces.

The Eternal Champion herself had arrived in Blade Champion armour with Blade Knights and Bladeguards. With them came elements from other Citystate Guards and irregular soldiers along with Fighters Guild mercenaries. It was an impressive force and it was preparing to make a strong counter attack upon the enemy. The city garrison fort was full and other open areas had to be used by the soldiery. Horses had never been overly common in Tamriel and now they were under great demand. An armoured fighter on a powerful, well trained warhorse seemed most effective against many of these brutes from another dimension, at least the smaller ones.

Even as the Eternal Champion stood high on the battlements, behemoths were trying to use a great tree trunk to smash down the main gate. It only shuddered softly for it was both very well made, was physically bolstered from behind and was boosted by magic. The Eternal Champion reached up both hands into the air, made a strange chanting noise, and slapped her hands together. There was a great thundering noise and some terrible force under the ground began to suck the behemoths under. Two of the six struggled free, fleeing back to the others of their kind, but four vanished into the ground all the time raging and roaring.

Even the Emperor had to admit that the Eternal Champion could be damned scary at times, especially for such a young beautiful lookiing woman who looked like she should be a wealthy courtisan or noble lady or actress or such like.

For the moment, though, she was fairly drained of magika and she waited for her magical energies to build up again. The Emperor called for her and she went to him, on the way pausing to drink a mug of water and to wolf down a couple of soldiers' biscuits given to her by a mess sergeant. In the small chamber the Emperor waited to talk to her as he sat in a small wooden throne. On a table in front of him were sweetmeats, wine and other goodies. The Eternal Champion half filled a plate and a tall silver cup. Then she ate and drank before the talking began.

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by Maharg67

THE STORY CONTINUES, Species5478

THE COSMIC OPERA

CHAPTER THREE

The Emperor frowned softly as the Eternal Champion wiped crumbs off her mouth with an expensive napkin. "Is what you suspected true?"

After a soft frown of her own she put down the napkin and spoke with careful words. "Your older son is apparently a traitor to the throne. He has formed an alliance with remnants of the Mythic Dawn Cult and banned necromancers along with another force that we failed to identify properly. Your younger son, it seems, is quite innocently studying at Rothdale. Yet I have come to suspect that appearances may not only be deceptive but may have been manipulated to look that way. Further investigations suggest to me that the truth is most likely the other way around."

The Emperor sighed and nodded. "My older son is a brave fighter, a man with noble intentions, but lacks wisdom and foresight. My younger son is brilliant, canny and manipulative but he is not a good person and I do not want him on the throne. No, it is the daughter that needs to take my place. My older son will be happy to abdicate any claim to the throne, we have already discussed it. My younger son is another question. Will you take care of it?"

He took out of hiding a silken cloth wrapped object, fairly obvious of nature by the shape, and placed it on the table. Then he opened up the cloth to expose a regal looking assassin's blade of silver and golden appearance.

The Eternal Champion paused and then nodded. "I will try first another way but if that fails, then so be it."

"That pleases me for he is still my son though of dark nature." The Emperor closed his eyes so he would not see the Eternal Champion pick up the knife and make it vanish, as she did. Then he opened his eyes. "Now for this other matter, these super/mutants from another realm."

The youthful woman responded relutantly. "We do not know where they came from but they are careless and we captured some of their strange weapons that they have discarded. The truth is do we dare study them too much and create such terrible weapons for our world?"

The Emperor steepled his fingers in front of his face. "Have the captured investigations carried out in secret. If there is nothing else than we need to part ways for I have yet one more tedious meeting to attend and you have much to do."

She kissed his hand and then departed.

The Emperor sat in his small casual throne and looked broodingly out of a castle type window at the sky. A songbird sat on a high branch of a big old tree outside and looking upon it, he smiled.

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by Maharg67

There is a heat wave here in Perth Western Australia

Hot, its damned hot

too hot like an oven

in which fans just blow around the warm air

warm nights bring no relief

there is lack of sleep

the body is too hot

the mind is too fuzzed

can't afford air conditioning

I try to think cool thoughts

Edited by Maharg67

If we still had it I would send you some of the snow we had over here (alas wouldn't of survived the journey). That story you are doing here is certainly v. absorbing so more more!

Thanks Lord Tenaim

The snow would have been very nice, especially as I have never experienced snow.

the story will continue.