Zippy Zip-A-Long

Maharg67

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Dezdimona, like other bits of creativity it suddenly came to me like a bolt out of the blue.

Herculine, your idea is wonderful but where would one get the super mutants from to be some of the actors and what about power armour (I suppose it could just be fake like that stuff worn by Star Wars Stormtroopers).

PS: Would you consider, please, replacing some of your posts discussing ghosts and such like with pictures or poems. Maybe, just maybe, I shouldn't have started such a ciscussion in this topic. If we start a new topic on such matters we can prewarn people of its contents. Perhaps Zippy Zip-A-Long could remain more grounded in fun stuff, real world emotions, relationships. Just a thought or two.

Edited by Maharg67

Thank you, Species5478, he was adorable (the photo was taken back in 1984 in the suburb of Mount Lawley of the city of Perth, in the large state of Western Australia when I was in my mid twenties, I being in my late forties now). Edited by Maharg67

Douglas Adams and the Naughty Mutant? Must look that one up!

Oh yes! One of the released paperback versions of "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" had the Naughty Mutant on the cover! Or at least it did here in the States...

I will need to check on that, Herculine. That 'new' Bobby Bobalong story is one I may continue in this forum as I have discontinued it in the official Brethesda forum. Their rules are much tighter there. If you read it and want to add to it, just go ahead. You are welcome.

Imagine Oblivion Fall Out!

The Cosmic Opera

Chapter One

Cyrodilin Imperial Legionaries fell back in orderly ranks before the on rushing super-mutants with their great crude metal clubs and swords of iron. Came the normal super mutants, the double sized super mutant mamamoths and the great behemoths. The bigger the type of super-mutant, the less of them there were. With the super-mutants attacking the city of Kvatch. The city was untouched as yet and the preparations were still going strong. Battlemages and Legionaries with basic magical weapons fell back, yes, but it was a trap. The crazy super-mutants didn't seem to realise it as they raced at what seemed like a breach in the defences. With them raced terrible tentacular zentaurs, fast and agile, hurling toxic globs and able to smash or strangle or lash out with those tentacles.

The Mages said that the opening of the Oblivion Gates had weakened the walls between the world and another from which had come the super-mutants. At first the super/mutants had used strange and terrible weapons but when the gate had closed behind them, they stopped using those weapons. Then came a mysterious man, Bobby Bobalong, who spoke of ammunition and the charing of energy weapons. These things could not be found or done on that world. The super/mutants had been forced to change to using local type weapons. Yet they all were also gaining magical powers of sorts.

Of sorts? Super-mutants fired fireballs or lightening blasts or icers or toxic projectiles. The bigger the super/mutant, the bigger the projectiles, but they could only use this power in a limited fashion.

A human battlemage hurled a rain of fire pulses from her magestaff and a zentaur exploded into flames. A catipult ball came down to explode close to a behemoth and a mamamoth, the small mammamoth being hurled through the air while the behemoth only cried out in enraged pain. The great humanoid came striding onwards, swinging a great crude club that was in truth a crudely trimmed tree trunk. He smashed a Legionary off his horse even as poisoned and magical arrows thudded into his body, the magical ones exploding into flames or small flashing blasts. The super/mutants kept on coming strong.

The Cyrodilin Emperor himself stood heavily protected in an observation tower and observed what was happening from a safe distance. He wanted to be in the thick of battle with these monsters from another world but his people would not allow him. They had experienced the loss of at least one Emperor to enemies of Cyrodiil and Tamriel, they did not wish to see any more get the same fate.

Catipults, big tripod-crossbows and other weapons hurled missiles at the surging horde of monsters, including one of the amazing new (trechbuckets) throwing-levers, that could fire a projectile much further and more accurately than the older style catipults coud. A jagged spikeball smashed, bounced, and smashed some more through ranks of super-mutants, smashing them or just smashing them in all directions.

The Emperor was pleased so far with the progress of the battle but he knew that the battle was far from won. For the Blades had warned him that they suspected that while the super-mutants were stupid, that they were guided by a secret dark force of much intelligence and cunning.

Which was when matters started turning worse from the proud and brave defenders of the Cyrodilin Empire.

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by Maharg67