Experienced modders: Can this game be fixed?

GeevilEnius

The big question is what will the CK allow. Modders should be able to add companions and quests and probably make new POIs on planets. Even re-write the main and faction quests. They probably won't be able to address what I consider the biggest problem in the game, which is the on-the-fly procedural generation of terrain, structures and NPCs - the things that make exploration meaningless for me. Or the loading screens which annoy so many people. It's just a guess though. We won't know for sure until the modding tools come out.

It was a huge mistake from Bethesda to not release the CK together with the game.

My guess is that they are planning a big creation club type thing for Starfield, Skyrim and FO4 combined that needs a lot of preparation.

Until it is out next year, most people have moved on from the game already. That includes modders and mod-creators.

They don't release the modding tools with the game, as that complicates their bug hunt. After all, several million players are going to find more bugs than the comparatively few play-testers used in-house. I think the last time the CK came with the game, was Morrowind..... :D

Was fixing bugs not the job of the mod-creators anyway with Bethesda games? ;)
For fo4 beth they released only 28 patches. The last one is 1.10.163 in 2019. Definitely, Beth will f*#@ up all the mod makers with their patches to Starfield.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big question is what will the CK allow. Modders should be able to add companions and quests and probably make new POIs on planets. Even re-write the main and faction quests. They probably won't be able to address what I consider the biggest problem in the game, which is the on-the-fly procedural generation of terrain, structures and NPCs - the things that make exploration meaningless for me. Or the loading screens which annoy so many people. It's just a guess though. We won't know for sure until the modding tools come out.

It was a huge mistake from Bethesda to not release the CK together with the game.

My guess is that they are planning a big creation club type thing for Starfield, Skyrim and FO4 combined that needs a lot of preparation.

Until it is out next year, most people have moved on from the game already. That includes modders and mod-creators.

They don't release the modding tools with the game, as that complicates their bug hunt. After all, several million players are going to find more bugs than the comparatively few play-testers used in-house. I think the last time the CK came with the game, was Morrowind..... :D

Was fixing bugs not the job of the mod-creators anyway with Bethesda games? :wink:

The majority of bugs the modders fixed were cosmetics.... floating rocks, and such. Sure, there were some genuine bugs that beth never bothered to fix, so modders did instead...... But, that really doesn't come as a surprise. Morrowind had a game breaking bug that beth never fixed... modders finally figgered it out.....

I think starfield became a game FOR modders in its development. If the random POI are set up like radiant quests from skyrim, it'll be easy to add a whole bunch of custom 'dungeons.' Not to mention, every pixel of every planet or moon you can land on is a potential static point of interest for modders to add custom cities, homes, factions, etc. There is gonna be so much content added in after CK2 drops... I'm just curious how MSoft is gonna commercialize it.

I think starfield became a game FOR modders in its development. If the random POI are set up like radiant quests from skyrim, it'll be easy to add a whole bunch of custom 'dungeons.' Not to mention, every pixel of every planet or moon you can land on is a potential static point of interest for modders to add custom cities, homes, factions, etc. There is gonna be so much content added in after CK2 drops... I'm just curious how MSoft is gonna commercialize it.

I am sure we will see something similar to Creation Club...... Beth discovered that's a nice revenue stream, and I don't see MS passing it up.

I am sure we will see something similar to Creation Club...... Beth discovered that's a nice revenue stream, and I don't see MS passing it up.

Skins. Notice how the skins mechanic is there for weapons and armor but there are none actually available? Obvious setup for CC and microtransactions, because cosmetics are easier and more lucrative than content.

No offense but this seems like a loaded question to me. From your post, it sounds like the question should be more like "how far can we go to customise the game to suit my preferences?"

Honestly, I don't think anyone outside BGS knows until official mod support is out next year.