xEdit: no Copy or Copy as Override

aurreth

Wanted to start out simple, change some planet data (magnetosphere, atmosphere, etc.), even if it doesn't show up when you actually land. Problem is I can't copy from Starfield.esm into a new file. I right click on, say, EarthPlanetData, but there is no option to copy.

Been several years since I worked on mods for Skyrim and FO4, so I'm probably just forgetting a setting for xEdit. Any help?

Considering the current situation with the CK not having been released yet, and even the xEdit team not sure of things due to that, I would not recommend using xEdit for any editing of records at this time, and certainly not for creating any mods. For a fuller explanation, see my post in the pinned topic Helpful Links, References, and News, here.

xEdit, simply put, until the release of the CK, simply cannot be considered a properly functioning or assembled tool.

And this is coming from someone who has well over 8,000 hours experience in using all previous versions of xEdit.

Wanted to start out simple, change some planet data (magnetosphere, atmosphere, etc.), even if it doesn't show up when you actually land. Problem is I can't copy from Starfield.esm into a new file. I right click on, say, EarthPlanetData, but there is no option to copy.

Been several years since I worked on mods for Skyrim and FO4, so I'm probably just forgetting a setting for xEdit. Any help?

Records that contain reflection data - a type of data blob with up to 1,000+ sub/record types - cannot be edited, copied, or saved at this time. Elminster and Gibbed are working on this and good progress is being made, but you won't see reflection support for at least a month.

Records that contain reflection data - a type of data blob with up to 1,000+ sub/record types - cannot be edited, copied, or saved at this time. Elminster and Gibbed are working on this and good progress is being made, but you won't see reflection support for at least a month.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, that's in the release notes but I didn't quite understand the extent of it. Thank you for the explanation.

Considering the current situation with the CK not having been released yet, and even the xEdit team not sure of things due to that, I would not recommend using xEdit for any editing of records at this time, and certainly not for creating any mods. For a fuller explanation, see my post in the pinned topic Helpful Links, References, and News, here.

xEdit, simply put, until the release of the CK, simply cannot be considered a properly functioning or assembled tool.

And this is coming from someone who has well over 8,000 hours experience in using all previous versions of xEdit.

I understand that, but I've already beaten the game, all 4 faction storylines, so I'm not terribly worried about screwing up my saves. Well, other than character customization, which there is no way to save yet. I'm just tinkering, seeing what can be done.

And Ganymede needs it's magnetosphere back, dammit!