Music messing up

Adras

When I booted up Morrowind today, it loaded upi all the master files and few plugins that I have (There are like 6 or 7 including Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon). Then it says (after initializing data, but before main menu) that it cant play sound file 'Data Files\Music\Special\morrowind title.mp3'. That is the exact thing it says. It is there, and I have even replaced it with a version that I burned on CD over a year ago. Still same error message. I cant figure out what is wrong and it is ticking me off. Re-installing Morrowind is a last resort. That is the last fix on my list for certain reasons that I dont have the time to explain right now. Anyways, help would be greatly appreciated!

It is still messing up. I looked thru the Morrowind.ini file looking for an option to maybe turn of the main theme when you start the game, but couldnt find it; I tried putting an older version of the file in it's place, but that didnt work; I even took an older version off of a CD I burned a while ago, and it didnt work again. Is there nothing I can do besides re-install? I really need help.

I'm afraid I can't help you - when I got that particular error message all I had to do was close winamp, and restart the game, and it worked just fine.

If your sound device isn't used by another application running in the background (I'm assuming you've closed all other applications to see if anything is conflicting with Morrowind?) I can only suggest that you have a look at your sound device and the drivers for it to see if there's a problem with that...

All I can suggest, besides what Theta said, is to reinstall, I'm afraid. If you're worried about losing data, then simply strike up a list of all the mods you use, download the zip files or back them up, back up your saves and you shouldn't lose anything. To reinstate your saves you have to first go in-game and save. That'll create the save folder (creating one manually won't work) then you can paste in your saves. Just in case you didn't already know. ^^

• 2 weeks later...
The reason I didnt want to reinstall is because the only Morrowind game I have contact with now is my friend's and he cant find it. Plus, I dont want to hog it all the time. Anyways, thanks for all your help.

i konw what the problem is!!!! oh oh listen to me!!! you need TWO morrowind title.mp3s in your folders! on in morrowind/data files/music and another one in morrowind/data files/music/special. that should fix it

Archived