⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Riel Stories Epic

Maharg67

Riel Stories Epic
Three 1.2[118]
Of Burning War

Olisha shook her head. "How can the shape be both taller than the LittleFatMan, can be thinner, and yet seem somehow to be the same?"

None there had any real answers to the question any more than they had answers to how they knew that this was the 'BigThinMan'.

Aisha, the Slayer battlemage, had appeared in the Second Grand Aldmer Coveta along with others. She frowned as she answered. "There are dark stories of a tall, thin, entity known as the Thin Beast who caused much death and destruction back before the rise of the Septum Empire. The Thin Beast was a black robed humanoid who stank of horrific decay, who led an army of bizarre followers, and who was linked to the burning destruction of the largely forgotten city of Yorkvil."

The voice came from the statue, faded and full of hatred. "Very good! You have pin pointed an important time, and place, in the history of the Burning War. Yes, all the burning deaths and burning battles are part of the Burning War that is instigated in the future. I offer you a challenge. There is something most important, for your quest, that you must find in this place. I will observe and do nothing to intervene but be warned that there are tricks, and traps, here of very hazardous nature. I will speak to you, again, only when the item is found and secured by your group."

The group looked around and it was only then that they discovered that the temple was far larger than they had first thought; large doors had opened in walls revealing deep shadowy entrances to other big chambers. Strange blood red crystals, embedded in statues and walls, glowed as if warning of hidden dangers.

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riel Stories Epic
Two 10.1[119]
Of Hawkhaven Challenges

Runehaveners marched to war mostly on the side of the newcomers, the five Hero Demidivines and their followers, helping to defeat the berserker mad followers of an insane Runelord. The 1,000 'genuine fakes' had sent the Runelord Kavvavo, and his followers, into a crazed state of mind for they were not meant for use by mere mortals.

Having used divine magical devices to send the 1,000 genuine fakes back to the LittleFatGirl, who returned them to LakeChild, the Demidivines group assisted with healing, and otherwise helping, the Runehaveners. Much of the healing was carried out on Kavvavo, once a fine ruler, and his formerly berserk followers.

A shaky Kavvavo sat on a chair and took a sip of warm herbal tea, from a stone goblet, before he spoke. "He came to us and warned us of the coming of a great horde of kynes to Runehaven. He called himself Lord White Champion and he wore a white hooded robe. He was extremely handsome and yet there was something 'ugly' about him that was not so obvious. I do not know how he tricked me, how he got to our fears, but we bought the 1,000 orbs and he gave me an extra orb to link myself to those used by my followers. He showed us how to mind link to the orbs, through my orb, and then we found ourselves in a living nightmare where we were attacking all other Runehaveners, even others of our own faction."

On a stone table, in the same chamber, was a blackened fractured orb device that Kavvavo had used, that had been given to him by 'Lord White Champion'. It was not of the 50,000 Genuine Fakes for the finder-wands did not glow when pointed towards it. Also it was not as indestructible as any of the 50,000 true devices were.

Jadekia did not like where the conversation was going. "What did you pay for the devices for your followers?"

The Runelord looked confused. "Just three ancient Lord Juno artifacts that, like all such things, were quite useless. We could not get them to do anything useful and used them as door stops."

Jadekia closed her eyes and sighed heavily. "Not much is known about 'Lord Juno' except that his artifacts were always very powerful, intricate and dangerous; they are linked to the very basic existence of Mundus. They are also linked to the ElderScrolls in a subtle, mysterious, fashion."

The Runelord did not look happy at the news, which was understandable.

Edited by Maharg67

Riel Stories Epic
Three 2.1[120]
Of Burning War

The exploration group, in the great dark temple, soon realized that the glowing red crystals were more than warnings; they were also clues to secrets and how to avoid trouble. They also indicated the place of special features of interest. The twins had a sweep made of the temple that they had already passed through, an area of less darkness, of less 'threatening feel' but also of less gain.

A heavily sealed magical door, in an archway away from any wall, spoke of the name of Mundusdoto, the metropolis of the ways between Mystical Mundus and Mundane Mundus. They found no way to unseal it.

There they also found a mural on the curving side of a great, thick, free standing metallic stone column. It showed a kind of historical story of the kynes but was of the future. It showed many being created in great, exotic, lakes and becoming armies that invaded Tamriel to cause much death and destruction. It showed the infestation turning people into kynes or causing the burning death in others. Then it showed all kynes suddenly burning away, their cursed energies flowing to one waiting being that was the entity that had started the whole process in the first place. The entity grew greatly stronger, more dangerous, as it fed on the stolen energies from the betrayed kynes.

Samsal frowned and spoke to an assembled group of people, including Olisha. "When all the kynes burned away suddenly, most assumed it to be a blessing but I say the living death energies went to the one known as the Antidivinity that is but an aspect of the Nameless Enemy. The Antidivinity is now much more a threat than it once was thanks to that happening."

That was far from good news. There was more to come.

Another mural stretched the length, and height, of a great gently curving wall of the main temple chamber. The creatures were kynes but not just any kind of kynes. They were great monsters dragon like, worm like and octopus like. Most were huge, less were double that size and even less were triple the basic size. All looked as if they could take on dragons though only the biggest looked like they could take on Imperial Dragons. They were shown swarming not across Tamriel but the Tamriellan Underworld heading towards a way to get to the surface.

Edited by Maharg67

Riel Stories Epic
Three 2.2[121]
Of Burning War

As disturbing as that mural was, in that fashion, the massive image of the Antidivinity, along with the Antidivines, was more horrific; they were truly massive monsters of kyne like nature, the biggest being larger than the Imperial City of Anvil.

The LittleFatFamily was at the 'ending' of the mural and seen in multiple versions of each deity being good, neutral and evil of seven central entities. They were the LittleFatWoman, the LittleFatMan, the LittleFatBoy, the LittleFatGirl and the LittleFatOne. They were all seen to be leading a great army of deities, lesser immortals and mortals along with other exotic entities against the Antidivinity and Antidivines, along with their armies of kynes. Amongst them were Underworlders come up, to the surface, to fight the aspects of the Nameless Enemy.

Olisha spoke of the surprise. "Even the evil side of their natures are fighting the kynes."

The evil voice came again. "We were partly created by the process of the Nameless Enemy being partly cut off into Mundus but we, all of we, wish to remain free. Only the Antidivinity, and Antidivines, wish to be reabsorbed but they are deluded into thinking that they will not be totally reabsorbed. Waking them to the truth might cause them to turn against the Nameless Enemy, especially if they gain a new realm of their own in the bargain. That is one where they will have none to oppress or exploit. It is not a great hope but is a hope."

A Guild Mage spoke out. "We will all fight the Nameless Enemy."

The evil voice sounded deeply cynical. "We will have enough trouble fighting the Antidivinity, and Antidivines, thanks to the extra power they gained by stealing so much unnatural energy from the burning kynes. Still there is always hope. I have very little influence over this temple but I will assist, despite that I hate doing so. Here are three gifts. I warn you that they will not be pleasant to you."

The hulking zombie golem stood there, suddenly, in ever rotting regenerating leathery condition and leathery armor that was of the same unnatural condition.

The wraith floated in the air, huge and menacing, glimmering with powerful undeath.

Yet worse was the sweet looking girl child with her dead man's stare and moldering frilly stained white dress.

Most of the expeditionary group stepped back but the twins stood their ground.

Edited by Maharg67

Riel Stories Epic
Two 11.1[122]
Of Burning War

Of Hawkhaven Challenges

"This 'Lord White Champion' went out of his way to seed death, destruction and disruption in Runehaven. Or that is how I read the situation." Xandia sat tiredly in a big old armchair with a mug of fine beer in one hand. Called simply 'rune beer', the drink was famous across many aspects of the Multihaven for its good quality. "The question is why? Could it be linked with the Antidivinity and the Nameless Enemy? I suppose it must be but how?"

"I think I found a far more prosaic reason! You are holding it, Xandia! The high quality of rune beer has caused losses of profit to other aspects of Hawkhaven." Jadekia sighed at the idea of such basic greed. "There is Coinhaven, a place of mercantile over ambition, corruption and narrow mindedness. They were the biggest seller, distributor, of beer; they have their own brand known as coin beer but its quality is way below that of rune beer and now it barely sells at all outside of Coinhaven. In theory rune beer is forbidden in Coinhaven but it is smuggled into the metropolis by greedy Coinhaveners who think nothing of cheating each other even at the expense of Coinhaven itself."

Jadekia went on speaking. "It is whispered that the Coinhaveners made a secret deal with a stranger that tried to look good but felt bad in some hard to define way."

Gabrielle frowned. "Sounds just like 'Lord White Champion'. It would make sense if the Coinhaveners would be foolish enough to pay the stranger with Juno Artifacts in exchange for some kind of attack on Runehaven. I have also have picked up some stories of these Coinhaveners. They are far from impressive in their thinking."

It was the strongest lead that they had gained so far and it could be backed up by using the finder-wands. They were in a cliff face taproom typical of Runehaveners. There was no counter but rows of hard wooden barrels along one wall, some with working taps to poor drink into stone goblets or mugs or glass glasses.

Runehaven was still recovering from what had taken place. The Runelords were grateful to the Hero Demidivines, and their companions, offering resources including twenty of their elite Runeguards. The offer had been accepted. It was clear that Runehaven had become abruptly aware of the rising threats facing Multihaven and had begun making contact with other aspects of Multihaven to form some kind of alliance with them.

Yet again, the five of them made plans!

Edited by Maharg67

Riel Stories Epic
Zero 11.1[115]
Of the Orbis Observing

The Orbis observed the Albiri Empire, of Albirisho of the Tamriellan Underworld, waging a terrible war as it fought to defend itself against the szykyne. The Albiri had many allies fighting alongside them, including a few traditional enemies for all feared the szykyne, and the Nameless Enemy, far more than they feared each other.

The szykyne were particular kinds of kyne that had much in common with each other and some basic differences from the kyne of the Tamriellan Overworld. They swarmed but in smaller numbers than the other kynes, but used utilizing melded metallic body-armor and exotic magical weapons that were also used non magically as slicing, stabbing and bashing devices. They also tended to be smarter than their surface cousins.

The Orbis observed that it was a great horde of kynes, with only a relatively small minority of szykyne, that were pushed towards the Overworld. They were fought all the way by Underworlders but also Mer, and FolkOnes, of many kinds including ones thought long extinct and mysterious ones. The fighting was grim, with out mercy, but it was the kynes that suffered the most; the trouble was that the kynes greatly outnumbered their enemies and could more sustain their losses.

The Orbis observed Willow, the Wild Divine, gain the assistance of other Wild Divines and three mysterious Divines, along with many Demidivines, Semidivines and Subdivines. They burst out from the special place, of Willow's creation, and spread out across Imperiarna (the Grand Imperial City). They came to the Grand Imperial City and there they found they could open the magical field, surrounding the Grand Imperial Palace, but only for about five minutes and only as a one metre wide disk. Still people could slip in, and out, while goods could be sent into the palace. Trouble was that the opening process took a great deal of divine magical energy and could only be done about once an hour at the most.

The Orbis observed as the large fleet of dark steammagic ships, and airships, arrive at a Septum Imperial Island with its imperial outpost. It was there that the newcomers declared themselves to be on the same side, as the Septum Empire, against the Nameless Enemy. The United Free Citystates had fought a terrible war against the kynes and though it had been centuries ago, they were still rebuilding. They had been informed of what was happening in Tamriel and the President of the UFC had authorized the fleet to set out as soon as it could.

Edited by Maharg67

Riel Stories Epic
Zero 11.2[116]
Of the Orbis Observing

The Governor, of the island, was a canny old woman who 'sensed' something wrong with the story, with the newcomers, and did some secret investigating with the assistance of three Imperial Eye Agents. From an escaping, half dead slave, from one of the massive ugly steammagic ships they learned that the fleet belonged to the last survivors of a great war in the Friendlies Archipelago; they were the dreaded Narcoto League of Living Death, the Narcotono. She managed to get a magical message, and a courier bird, off to Anvil before the Narcoto took over much of the large island with brutal suddenness. The Governor had her head cut off by the brutal leader of the Narcoto.

The Orbis observed the Her Demidivines traveling through Hawkhaven (Multihaven) with their comrades and companion animals.

The Orbis observed the Olisha-Samsal led group continue to carefully explore the great dark temple. They now had the assistance of the dreaded three undead monsters but the entities were no trouble to the group.

Edited by Maharg67

Riel Stories Epic
Three 3.1[125]
Of Burning War

StarMarshal Drake Septum escaped from the Imperial Grand Palace, along with some of his people, and was in time to command the defense of Imperiarna (the Grand Imperial City), and Imperiarta (the Grand Imperial Island) from a sudden invasion of kynes. In the darkness they attacked.

Monstrous winged kynes, vaguely dragon like, flew through the sky as they battled 100 dragons as sent by Akatosh himself, of the Nine Divines (of the Thirteen Divines). The fight was brutal but the dragons, though outnumbered, were winning as they blasted apart the dragokynes. Wounded dragons swept down to be attended to by healers and their assistants.

Vaguely octopus like octokynes had resistance to salt water, thanks to special skin, that killed other kynes. The skin was very thick and heavy so the octokynes were fairly slow and clumsy but they were also large and powerful. Amphibious lizardfolk attacked the things underwater while Imperial Navy, and River Guard, boats also did battle with them.

The tall imposing figure of the StarMarshal was guiding the battle from a tall, heavy, battletower. As he stood there he spoke. "This attack makes for poor military logic. The air, and water, attacks should be linked with a ground, or an underground, attack of kynes but none of the latter has taken place. I suspect that this is either a testing attack or a diversion of some kind or perhaps both."

Marshal Teresha Septum was commanding the ground forces from the Battletower, while being guided by the StarMarshal in more general terms. Her legion was in, and around, Imperiarna but none of her forces were too far from the walls. There were other commanders more directly commanding the naval, aeronaval and special forces.

Sunlight magic exploded overhead, burning away some smaller dragokynes in a dramatic fashion.

Then came word that kynes were invading the Grand Imperial Undercity, swarming out of the Dark Temple Zone and into the Shades. The only good thing was that there were still plenty of military, and paramilitary, forces there to confront the new invaders.

Drake frowned. "Sometimes, I do not like being right. I pity the Shadefolk for they have already suffered enough."

Edited by Maharg67

I have changed 'The Orbis Observed' to 'Of the Orbis Observing' to make the title read more consistently with others that all start with 'Of'.

I have done some correcting of post numbering.

Edited by Maharg67

Riel Stories Epic
Two 12.1[126]
Of Hawkhaven Challenges

Coinhaven had paid Lord White Champion in the form of one Lord Juno Power Artifact that they saw no profit in keeping. In turn they were paid in the form of 1,000 genuine fakes in the form of lightening fork-swords. The 50,000 genuine fakes could be altered, by those with the right skills and power, to become very accurate copies of a wide range of genuine power artifacts of history; hence the name of 'genuine fakes'. Except that the genuine fakes had some problematic side effects for most that tried to use them.

Coinhaveners, who tried to use the fork-swords, went insane and attacked each other along with other Coinhaveners. The cheaply built Coinhaven, built with out any effective regulations or common sense, was soon burning and collapsing. Even as the Hero Demidivines entered Coinhaven, with their entourage, they found themselves moving through smoke filled metropolis streets where heaps of garbage, gathered over years, did not help matters at all. Hundreds of filthy beggars, and lowly paid workers, rushed about with out care for anybody but themselves except for a small minority.

Finder-wands took the newcomers through the very badly planned metropolis where everything seemed jury-rigged, and cheaply built, to keep costs down. The only fire fighting service were some scrawny old workers with rusting iron buckets and fire-axes.

Jadekia was angry and showed it. "Damned it if this is not one of the most foolishly run societies that I have ever seen. Greed so profound that it almost beggars belief. Multihaven reflects Tamriel so this must reflect the worst of Tamriel."

They saw two crazed Coinhavener warriors, in cheap crumbling armor, rushing towards them with fork-swords and soon the real action was starting.

Edited by Maharg67