How to make follower follow another follower

L0rdAzrael

Yea, I know, that's confusing title. :pinch:

I found a mod called "Follow that thing" that makes your character follow any NPC

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69168

I would like to make some NPC (instead of the player) follow another NPC.
Is it possible through the console?
My goal is to use the "Follower goes to a Trip" mod (which allows followers to go traveling around the world) adding others followers to follow him
There is also this mod "Lydia Redefined" which allows Lydia to go out and do her quests, which would be nice to let other followers go along with her
obs: Aerin following Mjoll is a good example. I almost forgot about that.
Edited by L0rdAzrael

When a potential follower becomes a follower there are AI packages on the alias record that they get assigned. These AI packages instruct them to follow the player. Thus all you need to do is setup AI packages for one NPC to follow another.

You mentioned an example of where one NPC follows another, take a look at how Bethesda did that. It is highly likely that you'll end up doing something very similar.

As far as doing it via console, I do not think that is possible.

When a potential follower becomes a follower there are AI packages on the alias record that they get assigned. These AI packages instruct them to follow the player. Thus all you need to do is setup AI packages for one NPC to follow another.

You mentioned an example of where one NPC follows another, take a look at how Bethesda did that. It is highly likely that you'll end up doing something very similar.

As far as doing it via console, I do not think that is possible.

Yea, I checked here on Creation Kit and I found this

EnKZW50.png

kjrDwCL.png

yep, that's it

As you said, I don't think there is a way to do this within the game via console (There is no command to change "packages", as far as I know)

Anyway, I need to investigate further, as I still have no idea where and what I need to change it.

For ai packages can't you just put a condition on them that's easy to change? Highest level package has "LocomotionVar=0" as a condition and if that's not true then it moves to the next highest package? And I recall some command to make the re-evaluate their AI packages.

Or am I thinking too Oblivion and Skyrim doesn't do that anymore?