Vortex practically unreadable

draytalon
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

Ok, so this is just happened. I load up Vortex and you can barely read it. I went into settings and changed from the pipboy theme I am using, thinking that was the issue, but even loading in the default Vortex, everything blurs out, then it focuses, then blurs out

Screenshot (193).png

Using Windows HDR+AMD gpu? Same exact problem happens to me lot of times, just after i opened some programs, or games. Fonts becomes weird, with black outlines. Only way to fi it, it's by disabling/re-enabling Windows HDR. 

*Did a quick search, and it happens with Nvidia gpu's too. I guess something wild with WIndows HDR on specific setups.

Not HDR as my system does not support that feature. Not a GPU issue either, using a GTX 1660. Although my Processor is an AMD Ryzen 7, this obviously is not the cause of the problems I am having with Vortex (This just started at the weekend). Looks like I will have to Uninstall Vortex and reinstall and go through all my mods and install again. Kinda be upset if I did this only for me to have the exact same issue with Vortex.

Guest deleted34304850

how can you tell based on that horrendous theme that its blurred? i'm suprised you've actually still got eyes that function if you're looking at that while using Vortex.

what happens if you use the default theme?

2 hours ago, 1ae0bfb8 said:

how can you tell based on that horrendous theme that its blurred? i'm suprised you've actually still got eyes that function if you're looking at that while using Vortex.

what happens if you use the default theme?

The theme doesn't bother me, as I am colourblind, it looks fine to me. The default the exact same, everything blurs.

9 hours ago, draytalon said:

Not a GPU issue either, using a GTX 1660.

Did you in fact disable GPU acceleration to determine whether or not this is a GPU issue?  Is that what your statement means?

9 hours ago, draytalon said:

Looks like I will have to Uninstall Vortex and reinstall and go through all my mods and install again.

Uninstalling Vortex does not uninstall your mods.  That would happen only if you deleted your Vortex folder in AppData and your Mod Staging Folder, wherever that might be.

Thanks everyone for the help and input. Even though my GPU Acceleration was disabled, I still had the issue with Vortex. What I did was to reset my GPU back to factory settings and restart PC, this resolved whatever issue I was having.