Construction Set Wiki Destroyed??

GamerRick

It also looks like they upgraded to a new version of the wiki software and there do seem to be some broken links. I've been trying to use the search and stuff just seems to be missing. Does anybody know how to contact the admin(s)? I wanted to edit some pages even before the changes but my account doesn't work anymore. If I click on an admin page, I need to log in. There's no option to create a new account. Hey folks, we're still here!!

5 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

It also looks like they upgraded to a new version of the wiki software and there do seem to be some broken links. I've been trying to use the search and stuff just seems to be missing. Does anybody know how to contact the admin(s)? I wanted to edit some pages even before the changes but my account doesn't work anymore. If I click on an admin page, I need to log in. There's no option to create a new account. Hey folks, we're still here!!

Yeah, there's a link to make a new account from the main page... but it doesn't work. I came across a link to "forums" somewhere, and that just takes you to the main Bethesda site. I suppose they are the admins, perhaps try contacting one of them?

It looks like they might have swapped the wiki software completely from MediaWiki to XWiki but added a style that looks like the old one. I think it used MediaWiki before. It might also explain why everything seems mostly broken. The good news is that the wiki seems to now be hosted together with the wikis for every other game, including the new ones, so they are actively keeping the wiki alive instead of silently deleting it. 🥳

The settings category page is super broken, though, but there seems to be a tag of some kind with some associated pages: https://wiki.bethesda.net/wiki/constructionset/Main/Tags?do=viewTag&tag=Settings

Definitely not as helpful, but better than nothing, I guess. The UESP one seems better, though.

9 hours ago, LenaWolfBravil said:
14 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Yeah, there's a link to make a new account from the main page... but it doesn't work. I came across a link to "forums" somewhere, and that just takes you to the main Bethesda site. I suppose they are the admins, perhaps try contacting one of them?

How? If you click on their name, it prompts you to log in. Their names look real, not forum display names. I just went to wiki.bethesda.net and that only has an option to log in, no option to create an account. I guess I'll try contacting shadeMe to see if he can help.