Refueling?

Pellape

I am a bit confused now as some are writing that we cannot refuel our ships and another one made this video and he claims this will make the refueling of our ships faster and at Reddit someone said that it was meant to implement this into the game but it is not, so what is true really?

I did try to find the posting in Reddit but so many have asked the same questions in different places at Reddit and everyone answer that it is not possible as this is not a space emulator as it is a RPG but still, I love this idea and want your opinions on this subject. What is true, what is not and what is possible to actually do modding wise about this later on?  I do guess we can make refueling stations or similate it with some papyrus hacks with CK2.  Or is it possible to make the Helium-3 but not connect it to our ships or?

I think those Reddit posts are about this interview from 2022.

A nicely implemented "refuel your ship" mod wouldn't be easy.. basically, you'd need an SFSE plugin (.dll) that loads and advances the HUD elements' MovieClips and an interface (.swf) which contains the actual elements and is injected to the HUD by the plugin. I only made one mod that could be even close to this.. Flash, AS3, both vanilla and custom script extender functions and Papyrus were required.

Well I have done a lot of OBSE coding, making stuff that no one else has for Oblivion and I do think that there are solutions for everything. We do not need to attach the refueling to the cockpit, If there is a command that can add fuel to a ship, which there must be as otherwise the ship could not get any fuel at all, we can emulate a button anywhere aboard the ship, that increases the fuel tanks and decreases the fuel in the storage of the base and all we need is just to use our imagination and that is what I did everywhere inside my Hobbit Home in Oblivion as I added tools and buttons everywhere, built databases to track everything, to be able to make everything as realistic and dynamic as possible and that was only possible with OBSE and mostly inside quest scripts to keep the performance up as all damn Oblivion scripts euns constantly every single FPS. Bethesda's commands are mostly extremely limited and useless really. I do hope we can access everything and get full control over the game with SFSE but that does not mean that I will be able to make wonders, as I do really dislike Papyrus so far and avoid it as much as I can and the Skyrim community was extremmely helpful to help me solve some issues that I did had last year as well, trying to make me understand what we need to add inside a Payrus Script to make it work at all.  😄    Well it is not papyrus I dislike, as it is more the way we must use to create relations between objects and how to access different objects but with your help later, I will have to learn it as I must learn it, otherwise I cannot make my ideas to work at all. I want full realism and dynamic stuff.  😄  More about that later on  😉  Our imaginations is our only limit.

Edited by Pellape

1 hour ago, LarannKiar said:

I suppose, but let's hope the developers won't make the Creation Kit a limiting factor either.. 🙂

I've already had someone tell me I should just stop what I'm doing and wait for the CK.  Meanwhile I've been building my own custom star system with a wide variety of planets to explore, fantastic skies (really got a kick out of standing on one today as it passed through the rings of the gas giant it orbits), and a complete absence of the garbage you find littering the vanilla galaxy.

So cool. 😄   Well i knew I was not the only one thinking in these terms.  😄   i will use that mod from monday really.  No reason to invent the wheel twice.  😉

aurreth. I look forward to visiting your new starsystem myself. I did read about your issues, that you need to save the game inside the ship as if we do not, there is no way to move to any other cells, but we should, but I do know that getting cell info and the acual cell name is not easy without CK, which is my own experiance from Oblivion. When i mod oblivion, and move between cells, I have a script running in the background that pronts out the cellname at the top of the window and I also forgot to delete it when i released my mods so some players gets annoyed by it  😄   They did however solve it by them selves so i do not need to edit Oblivion right now as that is not what i want to do now really as i want to get started to edit Starfield.  😄  

The coolest thing with your new starsystem might be to build new bases and we also need to find a way later to exceed the limit of bases available in game as we can only build 16 max?  8 default and 16 with the right perks right?  In the reality, we can have unlimited with bases and factories....  😉  That must be more immersive, does it not?

1 hour ago, Pellape said:

So cool. 😄   Well i knew I was not the only one thinking in these terms.  😄   i will use that mod from monday really.  No reason to invent the wheel twice.  😉

aurreth. I look forward to visiting your new starsystem myself. I did read about your issues, that you need to save the game inside the ship as if we do not, there is no way to move to any other cells, but we should, but I do know that getting cell info and the acual cell name is not easy without CK, which is my own experiance from Oblivion. When i mod oblivion, and move between cells, I have a script running in the background that pronts out the cellname at the top of the window and I also forgot to delete it when i released my mods so some players gets annoyed by it  😄   They did however solve it by them selves so i do not need to edit Oblivion right now as that is not what i want to do now really as i want to get started to edit Starfield.  😄  

The coolest thing with your new starsystem might be to build new bases and we also need to find a way later to exceed the limit of bases available in game as we can only build 16 max?  8 default and 16 with the right perks right?  In the reality, we can have unlimited with bases and factories....  😉  That must be more immersive, does it not?

I may have fixed the "can't save on the planet" problem.  I'll be testing that today sometime.

The outpost limit problem was solved a long time ago.  player.setav 002A84F7 128.