does steam cross platform

Jadaira

hi i have several PC version of classic and current games most current is Baldur's Gate 3 which game came out in August to my grief my old computer could not handle it so after months saving money i bought a XBOX ONE X TB which can handle it so my question is does steam cross platform or do i scrap the PC version of the game?

It would be up to the game developer/publisher.

I've had some games which unlocked on GOG if I had them on Steam.  I've seen deals where purchasing a game got you a code for both Steam and one of the consoles.

But I expect you'll need to re-buy that game for the console.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 9:24 PM, showler said:

By the time ES6 comes out we'll all have magic computers that exist in thin air and come when we whistle.

😲

This is even better than my: Will I live to see it? And now: Do I care?

On 12/7/2023 at 9:39 PM, Jadaira said:

well i usually tailor my computer with a future game in mind so elder scrolls 6 is benchmark

Me too. It was until a short time ago when I realised I might not live to see it so bought a new one anyway. **If** I'm still here then perhaps by then I will have forgotten I had a new one N years ago...

I hope you solve the XBOX thing. It'd be interesting to hear what you find out. I ended up buying several of my games again because I decided it was easier for me to get Steam to maintain them.