A Fix for All Plugins Disabling after 1.6.1130

Pickysaurus

On 12/24/2023 at 3:19 AM, 7531Leonidas said:

@Ardolon - Wolfpack49 made the following comment on the SKSE64 mod page (It is relatively concise and thorough:

19 December 2023, 11:19AM

Folks, there is no single mod or item that is borking your game with the 1.6.1130 update.  It's a series of things you will need to address based on core changes made by Bethesda to .1130.  Yes, SkyUI, SKSE and Engine Fixes all work with 1.6.1130. Below is a decent starting point to check once you have updated your game -- you are always free to downgrade your game back to 1.6.640 to get things back in order:
  1. SKSE must be updated to version 2.2.5
  2. Use the latest version of USSEP for 1.6.1130 if you use this mod
  3. Add the SkyUI SE - Difficulty Persistence Fix to address changes to the menu structure by Bethesda
  4. Update any dll-based SKSE plugins to 1.6.1130 versions. Mods that have not been updated must be disabled.
  5. If using Engine Fixes (or any other SKSE plugin that requires Address Library), Address Library must be updated to the 1.6.1130 version.
  6. If using Engine Fixes, settings in EngineFixes.toml must be adjusted to work around the exclusion of Steam integration by Bethesda with its update. Set to false:
  • EnableAchievementsWithMods
  • SaveAddedSoundCategories
  • SaveScreenshots

Thank you SO MUCH. I followed everything on this list and my save has been loading without "content is not present" error anymore, I've been playing for over 2 hours now.

I had not played for several months and had been updating my mods for 2 hours prior to launching my game and getting the issue in question in this topic. I thought I would not be able to play today or anytime soon !

Thanks again for putting this here for us to find

Edited by CrouteCeleste

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the workaround and it dint work and i dont very much like the idea of downgrading Skyrim to lesser version if possible.

Is there anything being dont on the modding community ends that can update existing mods and tool that can overcome this issue?

Edited by uglybaby

@uglybaby - there are so many ways to go wrong on fixing the problems caused by the .1130 and .1170 game updates, that you have to be very particular in how you follow the instructions.  It can be a real pain to work through.  One more time, the nexus wiki ( https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins ) for working versions of SKSE mods.

• 1 month later...

This is driving me insane. I'd tried 1130 before and had this issue, went back to 640 perfectly fine, and now I'm trying 1170 and it's the same exact problem.

Even with no mods active in MO, it's alphabetizing the load order every time the game is launched.

I tested just with a few dummy plugins named "a.esp, b.esp, c.esp", sorted them manually backwards, and they were alphabetized after launching...

Seems for me, it has nothing to do with Engine Fixes or anything, because it's happening with literally no mods, just these 3 dummy plugins.

@lilmetal Check SKSE maybe?  Make sure you're using the correct version for 1170, and no incompatible .dll's or .ini's are being loaded -- either in MO or in your game folders.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

46 minutes ago, AaronOfMpls said:

@lilmetal Check SKSE maybe?  Make sure you're using the correct version for 1170, and no incompatible .dll's or .ini's are being loaded -- either in MO or in your game folders.

Did some more testing, and I think this is just an MO issue...

It seems that when the game is launched, it resorts all the mods based on its Mod Index Hex (00-FE) instead of the decimal value MO and LOOT use to display priority.

Not sure why this only happens with 1130 and 1170 (maybe the extended range?), but it does respect masters, and doesn't seem to break anything.

I'm just going nuts because it's very unexpected behavior...

@lilmetal Is your view sorting by the wrong column heading?  Click on Priority in both panes once or twice, make sure it's sorting with 0 at the top.  Sorting by another column won't change how your mods get presented to the game, but it will change how they're presented to your eyeballs. 🙂

(Most programs with column headings like this, you can click the column heading to sort your view by it.)

Edited by AaronOfMpls