Fallout 4: Next-Gen Update Delayed til 2024

JustThatKing

I just hope the updates will be useful and not simply do what our mods already do.

realistic useful updates would be:

- addressing the HD pack issues many users have had

- Fix the intractable brown face bug. I have patches to turn it off but they dont work 100%. Beth should be able to do this.

- widescreen/large screen support (which I think has already been rumored to be part of it)

- A new DLC would be fun, the bigger the better I care about a biggest possible sandbox more than elaborate quest writing. No big new quests needed just some workshops and a environment that makes it fun to secure and defend them.

- Not affect/sabotage mods any more than strictly neccessary for as mild an update as we all suspect is coming.

- A bunch of bug fixes. (There is a mod for that, has been for a long time. but... there are more to be solved. Who knows?)

- Updates to the engine (mostly to support newer ("nextgen") consoles, not needed for PC)

- With that, support for wide & ultrawide screens and maybe higher FPS. (PC has mods for that... but ok)

- The HD textures, hopefully improved a bit, which are now default and for console too. (doesn't do much for PC)

- A certain amount of mods is now obsolete, broken and in need of adjusting or scrapping.

That's pretty much all I'm expecting.

Absolutely nothing fancy or anything new. Why? Because they wouldn't be so quiet about it otherwise.

... but I hope strongly that I'm completely wrong.

TBH, I'm less concerned about them trying to fix know bugs in an 8 year old game as I am them FIXING said bugs in their NEXT game before they release it.

If the Community has fixed it already - let sleeping dogs lie.    

Fix it for the next game so we don't have to continue to reinvent the wheel.   

4 hours ago, showler said:

With Fallout London launching in April, if the Next-Gen patch comes out before then it might push FO:L back again for more testing.

Thats my worry as well. However some of the people at Beth used to work on FO London so hopefully those perosnal relationships will result in same care being taken.