Why do we care all that much??

JediMasterTallyn

16 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

Which way to go first. 

Do we care because we believe that fame (or notoriety) grants to the rich and famous an air of infallibility, giving their voice weight and meaning?

Do we care because it gives us a chance to hunt for the hypocrisy which may exist and thus allow us an oppurtunity to expose the speakers "feet of clay"?

Do we care because squeaky wheels get greased and sometimes that grease is a negative consequence; and we all enjoy seeing high profile ne'er-do-wells getting their just rewards?

Do we care because when someone with an elevated social standing expresses an opinion with which we agree, we foolishly believe our social standing is also elevated?

Do we care because we are too lazy or too stupid to think for ourselves and need someone else to do our thinking for us, and some famous loudmouth we like adequately fills the niche?

Do we care because we believe the voices of our "leaders" absolve us of any responsibility for the direction our lives, our community, our nation or our world may journey?

Or, do we care because we don't really "care", and joining the flock is just the easy thing to do? 

wanna lay off that nail buddy pretty sure you hammered the point home lol. Very well put I cannot disagree with any  of  what  you said here all of them are right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 8:14 AM, Fkemman11 said:

Entitlement. Seems to be the new social disease. I deeply admire the people who make s#*! happen and don't crave excessive attention or praise. Thankfully there's still a lot of them and you just don't know it because they hardly ever say anything.

Well said. Personally, I hold a profound level of respect and admiration for those that sincerely put the welfare of others ahead of their own, genuinely caring for people. Those folks are the definition of selfless altruism. But unlike you, I'm less optimistic in the existence of 'a lot of them'. It's so hard to tell sometimes because I believe most people have a personal agenda of some sort so I'm immediately skeptical. If they don't crave the limelight then maybe the reward is something on a more obscure level, e.g., to stroke an ego or, in extreme cases, maybe they have a savior complex. You have to be an excellent judge of character to weed out the zeroes and identify the heroes.

To quote Mr. Mojo Risin', 'People are strange.' For as long as humans walk this Earth, those words will ring true.

Bear in mind that I speak from a jaded perspective so your mileage in life may vary.