Why does fallout fo4 crash on startup

Gomperthemodder

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gomperthemodder said:

also uninstalled the files to said to uninstall for a complete reinstall image.png.688e22ce82b8e485b1a214cc3b1ccdfe.png

ok good now reinstall from steam.

then when you have the game reinstalled go to Vortext and step by step add some mods.

Your savegames may not open (crash) unless most of your mods are renabled but that is trial and error.

51 minutes ago, Gomperthemodder said:

before i uninstall do i leave the 2nd fallout 4 folder alone or do i also delete that one?

Three folders you wanna nuke. The one in My Games, (back up your saves, if you want to keep them) the install folder, which you appear to have already gotten, and the one in C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Fallout4.... (nuke the folder, or just the contents, I don't think it matters.) Restart, then reinstall the game. Fire it off at least one, to make sure the game will start and run. (and properly detects your hardware.)

2 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Three folders you wanna nuke. The one in My Games, (back up your saves, if you want to keep them) the install folder, which you appear to have already gotten, and the one in C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Fallout4.... (nuke the folder, or just the contents, I don't think it matters.) Restart, then reinstall the game. Fire it off at least one, to make sure the game will start and run. (and properly detects your hardware.)

Thank you. I feel a lot better with one of the heavy hitters helping.

6 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Is it this the 2nd one your talking about? since when i tried to find the 2nd one you mentioned i couldnt find it and i could only find this oneimage.png.bb6168ce1b960f999497960adac5c292.png