Why does fallout fo4 crash on startup

Gomperthemodder

9 hours ago, Gomperthemodder said:

Is it this the 2nd one your talking about? since when i tried to find the 2nd one you mentioned i couldnt find it and i could only find this oneimage.png.bb6168ce1b960f999497960adac5c292.png

•  

Yep. That's one of 'em.

The AppData directory is a hidden directory. You won't find it just using file explorer. but, if you type the full path in windows search, it will open it up. Or, just go to View, and set it to show hidden files/directories.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Yep. That's one of 'em.

The AppData directory is a hidden directory. You won't find it just using file explorer. but, if you type the full path in windows search, it will open it up. Or, just go to View, and set it to show hidden files/directories.

do i also completly reinstall F4SE? since i am deleting its files form the laptop

i cannot find the appdata file after i tried both methods

Edited by Gomperthemodder

2 hours ago, Gomperthemodder said:

do i also completly reinstall F4SE? since i am deleting its files form the laptop

i cannot find the appdata file after i tried both methods

There should be no need to delete F4SE.

Its part of your mods list and your F$SE packages the mods that have "hooked" into your savegames in a F4SE files that companies each modded savegame.

I say again you did not need to delete all mods out of Vortex  to include F4SE, BUT If you did I can hardly blame you, you likely want to make sure your fresh/clean install is as clean as possible and in any event a reinstall of F4SE is trivial.🙂

3 minutes ago, Gomperthemodder said:

but the files have F4SE in them tho? do i just skip over them?

Which files do you mean?

The F4Se fields that accompany your modded save game? file? The ones I been asking you if you had saved them with your savegame files out of your Vortex profiles?

You definitely must keep those if you want your modded savegames to have a chance at working 

You should delete (nuke) the entire folder (\this PC\Documents\My Games\Fallout4). Including all the .ini files.

Zip it all up first, as backup. (The ONLY folder containing anything related to Fallout 4 on your entire system you do not need to delete, are your saves (\this PC\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\saves)

Still it doesn't hurt to remove them and restore them later on. To go for a clean (re)install. (as far as the file system goes, but I'm not aware of relevant registry settings you might need to remove)

Only after verifying the game works, "out of the box", you can start restoring/installing mods like F4SE.

Edited by RoNin1971
F4SE