Ammo Mod WIP (Need help)

ComwadeOwO

So I'm making a mod that adds Many 20Ga shotgun rounds with TTW implementation, the goal is to add various ammunition unlocked by doing various DLC and I'm struggling with a few elements. 

1) How would I make it so the DLC grants a Perk that unlocks an ammo type.
2) How to implement DOT effects to an ammo (Holorifle DOT, Poison DOT)
3) Is there any way to make changing ammo change the sound of the weapon?

So far I have implemented about 8 kinds of ammo, (From Alien blaster shells, Frag  micro-grenade rounds, to BB Buckshot, along with adding 20Ga versions of 12Ga exclusive round types )

This remind me to complete my 20 gauge shotgun of love mod and release it one of these days...

As for 1st question, make it so granting a perk (that specific perk that you define) will add a note to player inventory. Make a recipe that has condition to only appear if you have that note. Done~

Edited by laclongquan

• 3 weeks later...

First, you need a script that check that if you have that perk. If yes, it shutdown, if no, it award that perk.

You can add  that script to a misc item, say a misc that share same name with said note, add that note to the container that contain item at the end of HH (before the cave that exit zion) and BOS abandoned bunker (that contained your lost items)

OWB will be a hard sell because nothing surefire about it. Add that  script to an activator that seat in the room that contain your brain. it will award the perk. At that time you would be near the end anyway.

Same deal with LR. Put it on the space you MUST GO through to enter the temple, not the temple itself, for fear of too much script in there.

These two things mean you award perk before the end battle, but that's a simple tradeoff, anyway.

Edited by laclongquan