Just paid for premium and I am disappointed

jeremiahkade

Hi there,

I believe if you already started to download a Collection before you bought Premium and then you purchase Premium halfway through the process it will continue to download them one at a time. You need to cancel the process and restart the process from the Collection page for it to use the Premium workflow. It will then be "one-click". I apologise for the inconvenience.

RE: download speeds, Vortex will use whatever your site preferences are set to. You can update your download location on your Site Preferences page under "Premium membership preferences".

With default settings vortex does not download multiple files at the same time because - assuming everything works correctly - one server serving you one file at full speed causes the least amount of overhead and your system gets that file sooner and can start installing the mod sooner.
It’s a better use of available resources all around compared to trying to download multiple files at once, then potentially unpacking them at the same time.

If your downloads do not happen at full speed (your connection speed) you can increase the number of download threads in settings (vortex will use up to four threads per file so 8 threads means two files downloads with 4 open connections each)

But if the server doesn’t give you max speed, that indicates the server is at capacity so using multiple threads just means the available bandwidth is split up more and more bandwidth is lost to overhead. Changing the server in site settings makes more sense.

Oh, it will download 4 files at once for sure, but you must restart vortex once you change that option, and sometimes collections don't utilize the threads because its installing inbetween downloading.

Its very worth it, the lifetime for sure.    I don't know how many times I killed my mod downloads/install due to os installs/crashes/space over the years.

and like a rock, nexus is there to push it all back to me via the vortex app and the vortex cloud, and at my max bandwidth (20MB/sec)

And if you want to try it in linux....    experimental...   crumbly but good.   BYE BYE WINDOWS FOREVER!