Gaming mice - thoughts?

zixi

3 hours ago, zixi said:

Pagafyr - that's interesting. I don't think I can do wireless; I think I like the yards of cable and the fact you can whirl round your head when things get bad! 😀 But thank you! It's kind! 

Now there is an interesting coping mechanism that I would never have thought of..... :D

I'm great at coping strategies!

I have to be! 😀

Happy New Year BTW! 🥳

15 hours ago, zixi said:

Pagafyr - that's interesting. I don't think I can do wireless; I think I like the yards of cable and the fact you can whirl round your head when things get bad! 😀 But thank you! It's kind! 

If you have a USB 3.0 or newer USB version sockets on your Linux computer you can use it.

That mouse comes with what is called a dongle.  You plug it into the USB port and you're good.  It's a short range wireless mouse 2.4GHz and you could sit back three feet away from your desktop with it in hand and it would still work.

Unless I put my tinfoil hat on and wrap my desk and computer with tin foil it will work good.  You know!  Tinfoil for when relatives come to visit I have not seen since they Left Me 4 Dead, and took off to the Andromeda system.  Then learned how to make starships that can stop time so they can travel back and forth in No Man's Sky where they are Star Citizens now.

Now they can go to work in the Omega system and be  home in time for dinner in the Andromeda system, and go back to work until 5:30 PM and return in time for Supper.  And  also go  from their new home and back to their old one here on Earth before anyone ages like Einstein said.  You know!?  Relativity?

About time slowing down during space flight for them on board their ship while we age one hundred years for every minute they age we get old faster.  Those light speed ships took a long time to travel to and from, whereever?

Well.  You know!  Relatives I haven't seen since I was Reborn.

Games I play!  Really?  I should get a real life.

Oh!  Wait!?  This is reality as we know it.  Ta Da!

9 hours ago, Pagafyr said:

USB 3.0 or newer USB version sockets on your Linux

I have a new Linux computer. It'll cope. It's whether I'll cope that's the big question! 😁

As for the rest - we think a lot like that here! 

@7531Leonidas - My husband has a punchbag... Where are the whistling smilies when you need them?

I live within a mile from where our city had UFO sightings in 1950.  The manager was across the river at the local baseball stadium.  He photographed them on his new 8mm camera he brought with him.  He was there to see what they needed to ready the field for the minor league baseball game.  He saw them and ran to his car, photographed them, took them to the Air Force base, and showed the film to them, and they took his film.

When he got it back they had removed the good pix.  All that remained was two moving dots out of range to determine what they were.

I found out the reason they may be seen around here.  It is because this is one of the places on Earth with the least amount of gravity that makes so it makes it easier to get lift off.  Otherwise it is hard to launch a rocket into outer space. 

Which is was considered by the Air Force Base science team because large carrier planes could take off much easier carrying heavy machines and a battalion of soldiers if we needed to.

The gravity here just like where they launch all the rocket ships we send into outer space.  After seeing the tv series about The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy from the BBC I have seen they have several sightings which are undenialable which may be why they make such a good tv shows about aliens and sci-fi shows.  LIke Dune.

We've had that: If aliens arrive here conversation at home and if they'd nice I'd tell them not to bother with human beings as many aren't nice at all. If they're not nice, I'd bop 'em one with a frying pan. I have a large Le Creuset one which I've never figured out a use for. We're both ex-computer scientists and try as I might it's hard for me not to think like a computer scientist at some level. 

Still haven't decided about the mouse thing though... I'm likely going round in circles. I think that's where I ended last time - before Christmas - when the new PC arrived.