Admin Rights

Go to solution Solved by RufusVtuber,

2 hours ago, RufusVtuber said:

I tried the Revo Uninstaller, sadly that didn't work either. Is there a place I could look where it tells me why it's detecting Administrator Permissions? 

Did you delete any left over files/registry keys?

Aside from that, I have no idea why Vortex would think that.

19 minutes ago, RufusVtuber said:

Oh... that's not great. Guess it's time to figure out how and where it broke. Thanks for the advice so far! 

Also, try running the system file checker.

In the windows search box, type in:

CMD

There will be a link to the right to run as admin. Click on that. (and tell UAC "Yes"....)

At the prompt, type in:

SFC /Scannow

Hit enter. Let it run. When it completes, there will be three possible outcomes, it won't find anything, or, it will find an fix stuff, or, it will find stuff, but won't be able to fix it..... If you see the second option, run it again. When it comes up with no errors, reboot. See if that changes anything.

I sadly think Pickysaurus is right. I must have messed up my install somewhere because that also didn't fix the issue. 

16 hours ago, HeyYou said:

There will be a link to the right to run as admin. Click on that. (and tell UAC "Yes"....)

I still ran the program as an administrator and it found no problems. I then found instructions on this website: https://winaero.com/enable-uac-prompt-built-in-administrator-windows-10/ to see if maybe since I was on an administrator account that was the issue. Still didn't work. When I do run vortex as an admin it tends to get kind of glitchy. I think maybe one of my security settings somewhere somehow have completely turned off UAC.... I just don't understand what I could of done to cause this. 

4 hours ago, RufusVtuber said:

I sadly think Pickysaurus is right. I must have messed up my install somewhere because that also didn't fix the issue. 

I still ran the program as an administrator and it found no problems. I then found instructions on this website: https://winaero.com/enable-uac-prompt-built-in-administrator-windows-10/ to see if maybe since I was on an administrator account that was the issue. Still didn't work. When I do run vortex as an admin it tends to get kind of glitchy. I think maybe one of my security settings somewhere somehow have completely turned off UAC.... I just don't understand what I could of done to cause this. 

You may not have caused it at all. 😄 Windows does some odd stuff, all on it's own....

Type "UAC" into the search box. and it should offer the control panel for it. Check and see if it is enabled, and what it is set to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

So I discovered the problem and it was completely on my side. For various reasons that are my fault I was on the built in Administrator account. I have went ahead and moved all my stuff to a new user account and that has fixed my issue.