Brave NPCs

zixi

The award for NPC Bravery is currently being given to  Ignar Rodblock (Oblivion - Kvatch Rebuilt). He is seriously amazing. He turns up in the deepest dungeons, totally unafraid, delivers his message and then staggers out, sometimes being knocked unconscious several times. But does he offer to help - no! 

However, his bravery does not match that of Delon, who is a very small child in Baldur's Gate  2 and who first of all travels all the way to the city from his distant village (and to the villager's knowledge) and then who turns up in dungeons, during battles and even in the Underdark. He's the bravest kid ever!

Other 'Brave NPC' awards anyone?

• Like 1

Seriously, that dude scared the crap out of me on several occasions. I'd be sneaking through a dungeon and he'd run up to hand me a message. I'm afraid I've configured our courier not to find you in dungeons or Oblivion gates. She'll be happily waiting for you outside.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

leave the dungeon clearing to you

Ignar does that. He totally ignores everything that's going on. When he leaves I get alerts to say that 'Ignar Rodblock is unconscious' and I usually hear the screams... I still maintain that little Delon from BG2 is even braver. 

Here's a picture of him from a wiki

https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Delon?file=Delon_NPC_BG2EE.png

That little guy can't be more than 9 years old and his family have allowed him to travel a few days journey to Baldur's Gate when they know how dangerous it is. What can they be thinking of? The Underdark is a seriously dangerous place; and he should be in school...

I do love the soldiers in Oblivion who say that 'you look like you can handle yourself' when I'm fresh out of prison with rusty armour and a rusty bow and 6 rusty arrows... Of course I'll go into that Oblivion Gate with this rusty armour and a skirt... 

Vilja is pretty brave for being a simple country girl from the Grand Skog Isle of the Solstheim Islands.  She is up for any adventure to assist the Champion of Cyrodiil, going to the deepest caverns of Daedra-driven necromancers to doing mind-numbing fetching tasks just to help the hero.  

Brave maiden Vilja!!!

Malexa in Morrowind is brave. She took on a Frost Atronach wearing nothing but a common skirt and a blouse and hit it with her bare fists. I'm not sure when 'brave' becomes 'stupid' but Malexa must be close to that border. her husband wasn't brave (or is sensible) and sent me to rescue her. Chicken!