Skyrim SE Update (1.6.1170.0) - 17 Jan 2024

Pickysaurus

i logged out of steam a few days ago so im able to NOT update the game..if i decide to up date..is it just SKSE or is it..like everything that needs updated?

thanks

Damn. Up to today I kept my 1.6.640 version. I hate all this stuff. I also disliked all the CC mods. I would never have installed them voluntarily. I have never and will never upload a mod to the CC or download a mod from them. Why, why, why are they doing this to us. They never even clean their masters, fix all the things the Unofficial patches fix, fix their buggy quests and scripts, and they pull THIS on us. For WHAT?!!

I have to laugh. I finally have all my AE v1.6.1130 modlist just about ready, hopefully without crashing this time, and now they throw out this new update. That being said, this time I've blocked the update from happening until I click update in Steam itself.

Maybe in another few months I'll get the latest update but not now lol

30 minutes ago, niphilim222 said:

Still i could never understand why most mods rely on each other for support ????.

That's because some mods are just frameworks to build other mods with. For example: the Address Library was developed so that mod authors can "future proof" their SKSE plugins, especially because the OG Creation Club updated the game every time a new CC item released, by hooking into the Address Library your SKSE plugin will work across multiple versions of SKSE64 at least in theory.

Then you have SKSE64 itself which adds new modding capabilities that simply aren't possible with just the Creation Kit.

8 hours ago, evgeniibelov said:

After today's Skyrim SE update from 1.6.1130 to 1.6.1170.

image.thumb.png.1b45092c71fc4dcad7c71a55fc4896d7.png

happens everytime when bethesda updates.  you'll just have to wait like it says and pray that the rest of your mods aren't borked.  I just finally got my mods playing nicely with 1.6.1130 since i made the mistake of updating when it first came out.  That's a month and a half of trying to fix and redownload and alot of screaming lol.  Only thing I can suggest is either wait for all the other mods and skse to update or try your luck at rollback.

Just checked SKSE's website, they've updated to 1.6.1170

Edited by wpgfurry