Simple Male Body Mod?

AngryTexan92

There's a few male body mods on the nexus but they all do either too little, or too much, All of these body mods feel like they need to change the mesh from the underwear and t-shirt model to something else like nude or just wearing boxers. All I want Are better textures, the only mesh change I'd want is the feet since they are horrific looking in vanilla. I wonder how hard it would be to just take an enhanced feet mesh and combine it with the vanilla t-shirt/boxers mesh. then have a better hand texture as the vanilla hands look like 97 year old man's hands. And yes i've looked at the character kit remake hands but they have this classic fallout like clay kinda look to them, especially the fingernails.

Then make a request for FEET mod, which am sure plenty will share your interest, considering high heel mods got such a reception. With hand topic I think the NAIL crowd is more to it, since hand is too mixed with gloves, which is another group.

With your tittle MALE topic I thought you are of that crowd~ You know, THAT.

Edited by laclongquan

Thank you for your reply but that's part of the problem I'm having here. I don't understand why these things have to be about certain "crowds" like this is a foot fetish or a hand fetish or that because it's a MALE body wanting to improve it means that I'm in search of something to sate erotic desires, not trying to be judgemental to people that are looking for that but that's just not what I'm looking for. I play the game heavily modded and most textures in the game are vastly improved from vanilla, it just seems weird to me that we cant also have a modern equivalent of the bodies that you see in game without it having to be a horny mod. the feet are easy to ignore at least since they aren't visible 95% of the time cause you're wearing armor so you'll only see it when you take armor off of a dead NPC. As someone who uses a hand held pip-boy mod and plays in first person I'm constantly staring at my character's hands and the default hands look so terrible in quality compared to my armor textures. these male body mods must all be for "that" crowd and i guess that's why I'm not interested in any of them, i don't want to see any more skin than is already in the game all these mods that improve the hands textures and make the feet look ACTUAL feet instead of Lego bricks felt like for some reason they also needed to make the men shirtless or make them nude. I understand there are people looking for that but I guess I'm just surprised that I seem to be the only person who wants better quality models of the exiting body models in the game without having to add shirtless men or wang physics.

All that being said where is the best place for me to request mods? I've never made a request for a mod before and my idea seems simple in concept I just don't have the modding know how to make it happen otherwise I would have done it myself already

1 hour ago, laclongquan said:

Then make a request for FEET mod, which am sure plenty will share your interest, considering high heel mods got such a reception. With hand topic I think the NAIL crowd is more to it, since hand is too mixed with gloves, which is another group.

With your tittle MALE topic I thought you are of that crowd~ You know, THAT.

There used to be a sub-forum with the title "Mod Requests".  But for whatever reason, it was eliminated.  The closest thing now is "Mod Ideas".  Why the change in the title is beyond me. 

On 1/24/2024 at 10:48 AM, AngryTexan92 said:

Thank you for your reply but that's part of the problem I'm having here. I don't understand why these things have to be about certain "crowds" like this is a foot fetish or a hand fetish or that  

You wanna preach at the choir? Because you are preaching at multiple choirs here.

Nexus is all about personal interests, in playing, and in creating. Certain shared interests gather people together. WHich is VERY useful since people in different/opposite interests can just avoid them easily instead of encounter them haphazardly.

I am a loudmouth here and dont particularly play nice with the gay/lesbian/LGBT crowds, mostly because I dont really care for their, my words, tender sensibility. In the same vein, the "modest" crowd doesnt impress me either. As both crowds are recognizable, I ignore their mods (thus their comment threads and their presence) altogether. And to jump to a different topic, I just avoid Fallout 4 modders group like plague.

There is no common playground in Nexus, and that suit me just fine. The quartering into niche groups is VERY nice.

Why is that revelant to YOU? Because you want content of specific target, aka niche. You want male body? easier to find content of that type in gay niche, as their main interest lie that way. You want specifically feet? Better to find feet and toe fetish modders, as only them has interest to completing works of that type. Ditto with the hand, as the Nail crowds aim at the specific body part. Not the gloves crowd, as that one is mixed haphazardly with other clothing modders, thus harder to identify them.

A common playgrounds for all the interests would be VERY bad for identify groups of content that cater to YOUR, personal, interest. This is Nexus, the place with all the minor niche interest.

Edited by laclongquan

9 hours ago, AngryTexan92 said:

So far the best thing I've gotten is this, It covers the horrible feet mesh with socks and is compatible with hand meshes from other mods, trying to figure out how to remove the wristbands but it creates a clipping bug with armors. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/81386

Try opening the mesh in Nifscope, right click on the wristbands and select Block and Remove Branch, then save the mesh and hope that the arms reach the hands and haven't been cut short. 

ahiOhfH.jpg

On 1/25/2024 at 6:47 AM, JimboUK said:

Try opening the mesh in Nifscope, right click on the wristbands and select Block and Remove Branch, then save the mesh and hope that the arms reach the hands and haven't been cut short. 

ahiOhfH.jpg

I had tried doing that but for some odd reason it causes armors to clip with the body, it's very strange.