Looking for mod - Subway tunnel segments with curves

dferstat

OMG 🙂🤩

I have a lot of other stuff in mind .. lol but this one already does help SO MUCH.

One last wish (for now). The UtilHall doesnt have a 15° curve either. I would love to see a left and right side, since im using the smaller pipes on the left at right hand side and the on the right on the left hand side. If you can do this aswell man just outstanding.

Thank you so much RoNin1971

PS: I need some X and Y objects at some point for the green line. Later but for now thats future sound. If you need pictures let me know. Are you uploading your work as modders resource on Nexus?

I am thinking of uploading it as a modders resource, yes. Will most likely use 'm myself for my vault-build-space project.

I wanted to have these long ago for an attempt to enlarge vault 88, but I never finished that, so it never came around to create them. Until now 😉

Here's a top-down view for a better look at the curve:

Obviously there is a right version too.

I'll have a look at the escape/util tunnel too.

X & Y will be a lot more work, and I have a lot to do already so that would take a long time for me at the moment.

SubwayTunnelLeftBend15Top.png

• Thanks 1

For the Util segments:

- UtilHall2Way01B

- UtilHall2Way02A

both are 45°, a 15° or something would do the trick together with a 15° Conc Ceiling, Floor object 😉

EDIT: UtilHall2Way01 is a SCOL and making a 15° piece would make everything far easier already.

Edited by Qrsr

On 2/29/2024 at 10:06 PM, NextTurnLeft said:

Man this would be so cool to have curved metro railway pieces. Imagine someone tieing all the metro interiors and creating a massive metro system like DC connected, where you could travel across a single subway line.

across a single interior is impossible with the interior setup by BGS it would be to much for the engine to handle afaik, therefore its needed to create smaller cells which are interconnected, which subway runner and revised does. the latter will have all remaining subway added over time. 😉

1 hour ago, Qrsr said:

across a single interior is impossible with the interior setup by BGS it would be to much for the engine to handle afaik, therefore its needed to create smaller cells which are interconnected, which subway runner and revised does. the latter will have all remaining subway added over time. 😉

Hmm ... is there a max size for interior maps? In theory, you'd probably be able create a single map for the entire subway system, assuming you had all the assets you needed. Thinking about it, one of the advantages of having a (very) dark environment is that you won't have scenery objects popping into view in the distance; the engine will have no difficulty loading them before it actually has to draw them as they appear out of the gloom. 🙂 

However ... the more terrain (or, in this case, tunnel) that you have, the more work there is for someone (in this case, Qrsr) to populate it with scenery and actors.  So, instead of building the full-length stretch of subway between, say, Lexington and Cambridge, we have a much shorter single map inserted between those two stations, and we let our imaginations fill in the gap. 🙂

The limit is around 32000 in each direction (read more by following the link) from 0, 0, 0 x, y, z axis. This is to less to cover the entire exterior worldspace. Therefore BGS uses uGrid X (5) plus their LOD map logic. I could simulate an entire interior worldspace as interior worldspace (read more by following the link) but it would not work so good.

I managed to create some very large interior maps which combine subway stations unable to enter from the exterior worldspace. These super cells combine like 4 up to 5 stations. I use light only very it is really needed. Otherwise its very dark, pitch black. You wont see anything without light. Example for the super cell is Copley Station which combines, Hynes, Copley, Arlington and transist to Boylston. Boylston is one station you all know, its part of the Park Street Station cell, where we see Park Street Station AND Boylston which is right next to the Vault entry 😉 Boylston is just not finished nor properly integrated into vanilla FO4.

See map for planning:

Spoiler

42174860-1705943546.png

Edited by Qrsr
added linking

Don't get me wrong; I'm not, by any stretch of the imagination, suggesting that you should create the entire subway in one map. I'm only observing that it might be theoretically possible, but practically not. 🙂

Just now, dferstat said:

Don't get me wrong; I'm not, by any stretch of the imagination, suggesting that you should create the entire subway in one map. I'm only observing that it might be theoretically possible, but practically not. 🙂

Dont be confused as im not either - but - its possible 😉