User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

4 hours ago, Vorono said:

There is a reason no professional website actually fills their window like you want to.

Except, of course, Youtube as mentioned earlier in the thread. Their page goes from edge to edge.

I think part of the problem is that the proposed design is very mobile friendly. I suspect that most of us have some form of gaming monitor, or television for console players, as we are playing a game. Mobile design ideas do not make sense.

Has anyone captured monitor size statistics for the site? That would be interesting reading (and also help inform your design).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mrnexu said:

Except, of course, Youtube as mentioned earlier in the thread. Their page goes from edge to edge.

I think part of the problem is that the proposed design is very mobile friendly. I suspect that most of us have some form of gaming monitor, or television for console players, as we are playing a game. Mobile design ideas do not make sense.

Has anyone captured monitor size statistics for the site? That would be interesting reading (and also help inform your design).

^This is what really gets me sure, one may navigate the site via mobile, maybe just to browse mods and track till they can get home and download, or maybe just reply to comments. But this is a site, as you mentioned, is for "some form of gaming monitor, or television for console players, as we are playing a game". So how is prioritizing for overly mobile friendly vs. PC/television helpful for the site as a whole?

I think part may be because almost everything online is prioritizing mobile; so any site not is considered out of date. This is a personal pet peeve for me though, but it is reality. I am still disappointed with my last site/community migrated for "portability". It was ok, but it had drawn backs compared to the old version. I think it is just something that ends up happening.

The only thing we can do is our best to give feedback and hope for the best. So far the updates coming look promising. But I am more concerned when we get to updating mod pages, but the style and theme starts here. So I am keeping tabs on this every step of the way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JustThatKing said:

Upcoming Changes:

• UI changes to display more content on the content tabs. We will be reducing the size of the avatar, sidebar and banner as part of this change. 
  • Mod Tile status indicators (Downloaded, Update Available, etc) will be returning
  • Many of the removed sorting options will be returning. In addition to this, the default sort for Mods and Media will be reverted to "Recently Added". This is the same as the default sort on the "Classic" version of the page. 

Fantastic, this covers my main concerns, I look forward to seeing your next update! Thank you

• Like 1

It's cool. Looks a bit similar to steam, would be nice if we could place the best mods that we made as showcases on profiles as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrnexu said:

Youtube has thumbnails with SOME info. The text is minimal compared to the mods thumbnails that provide both description text and info. There is just much more. 

In my personal opinion, I don't like youtube's layout, I always reduce my youtube tab so that at most 3 thumbnails are shown in the front-page. I use a 32" 4k monitor, so that would be the reason, but the most common monitor resolution is still 1920x1080 (most likely 27") based on steam charts.

Also, the removal of the downvote button sort of ruins their integrity to focus on the UX, so I don't trust them to begin with 😂

• Like 1

I like the idea and it might just work...

Love the clear UI and love it when Nexus listen to our opinions 😍
I only have one downside and that is related to "premium" user experience.
Since we are allowed to select a server from where we want to download mods/files, what is the purpose and why is needed to show us this whole window (First image) and even saying to change the Location in Your Preferences, when no matter what you choose or do that window will appear every time.
Wouldn't be enough just a Download Button, mods that are listed as dependencies and a small link for preferences?
In all honesty ... al that big window just makes me go back just being a normal user (with a download limit) than seeing that all the time when you want to download something ☹️

If that window is "cut" down the middle, will look much better and more premium than all those options (something like second image).

Hope that more people will agree with this and i am not the only "idiot" around 😅

Thanks once again for listening to our requests and hope that one day will see this one trough as well !!!

Many thanks,
DBK

Screenshot 2024-03-07 225257.png

Screenshot 2024-03-07 225749.png

• "Skyrim Special Edition" unavailable in the game list, as well as a lot of others.
• Seeing the UNIQUE downloads is a good thing. Yes, number of downloads is good but knowing how many DIFFERENT people actually downloaded it is good. If you cannot display both, add an option for us to choose which one to show.
• None of the mods show a file size and for me it's irrelevant, I'd like that to be an option to display or not.

Asside from these, up to now, I really like the new style. Thanks for updating this!!!