User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

On 3/7/2024 at 1:17 PM, Vorono said:

overwhelm people at an instant
This people can create modlist from an endless amount of mods and troubleshoot it. Dumbed down designs should be limited to brain-fried tiktok kids.

• Haha 1

Today removed, hidden and unpublished mods appeared again, but this time only in my own profile in the beta version. The special icon that displays the mod status makes me wonder if it's intentional? If so, i think that removed mods shouldn't be displayed here unless you add an ability to un-delete them.

• Thanks 1

A suggestion, to split hidden mods into two types, maybe create another tab for;

- Visible

- Hidden/Deleted

This applies for mod authors, some of my mods are hidden or not yet ready, yet they appear in the total mod tab. Having these in a different tab would be awesome.

Today i enabled the beta version and will test it over the original version since the changes you did in the last days and weeks are more than welcome. it looks better and better with more progress so i assume its only a matter of time till you can technically enable a perfect copy of the old UI with the new architecture.

EDIT:

• Tabs, in general everything is to large
  • Mods tab:
    • the buttons, pictograms are still to large (the user pic next to the mod fits perfectly fine)
    • the mod name is to large, the description text is to large, etc.
    • the mod author should have a hyperlink special color like the old UI had
    • a little pictorgram next to Endorsements, Downloads and File Size, which pops up in case the mod is part of a collection would be nice
    • hovering of the mod description should fully show the description

EDIT2: The picture below highlight the problem with namespace for the mod name itself, if the mod name is to long the page moves the below content and it looks weird in comparison. SInce its an overview page for mods, i recommend to tighten the mod name to X letters and grey out the rest of the naming, make it visible by hovering over the mod name, this way all the mod boxes look equal next to each other.

Nxsmdsfdb.thumb.png.fe9f6349cf8bde257a707890fec8128c.png

Pictogram (next to Endorsements, Downloads and File Size) if the mod is part of a collection example, the star is just an example;

Nxsmdsfdb.png.36c1cd5c975567f4727354a441b8d20b.png

EDIT3:

- Add the date for when a mod was hidden or removed (mentioned above, please move both, hidden and removed into a mod author specific tab)

- Extend the UI finally, its horrible to have the AD placeholder left and right, i would like to have the full 1920 (or else) scope, window, used.

• Like 1

Please remove deleted mods from the profile. I deleted them so that I would not have to be bothered with them! Especially since there is no way to undelete them. What's the point in having them there?

Hidden and unpublished mods are of course completely different - those CAN be made public.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

Please remove deleted mods from the profile. I deleted them so that I would not have to be bothered with them! Especially since there is no way to undelete them. What's the point in having them there?

Hidden and unpublished mods are of course completely different - those CAN be made public.

Oh no, I do not like this. I don't even want to see hidden/unpublished, I like that being separate and hidden like in classic. And yes, delete is gone for a reason.

edit: this might even be a deal breaker for me from nexus, I cannot have my hidden/deleted mods shown of my mod mod page. To me it is my showcase. No one cares about my user's mod page more than me. So to see all my hidden shames, old versions and delete mistakes is just upsetting.

I take is as a personal assessment/overview of my mod production, and as a modder I am over critical of my work, but usually I am pretty happy about it (on classic). But this change makes me feel bad about my modding in general—so why would I want to stay to mod here?

For the love of gawd keep "my content" dashboard sperate from "profile: user files" showcase.

Edited by HollownessDevoured
  • Like 1