Fix the Compass

aurreth

Tried using the compass to navigate around a planet surface.  The "watch"/compass has ticks around it for the cardinal directions, with a dot to mark what one would assume is north.

The problem, of course, is that apparently no one at Bethesda has ever actually seen a compass.  That dot, that is different from all the other tick marks and hence should mark north?  It marks SOUTH.  The compass is rotated 180 degrees.

It's little things like this that show just how little attention to detail and quality control went into this game.  Could someone who knows their way around SWF files please fix this?

9 hours ago, aurreth said:

Tried using the compass to navigate around a planet surface.  The "watch"/compass has ticks around it for the cardinal directions, with a dot to mark what one would assume is north.

The problem, of course, is that apparently no one at Bethesda has ever actually seen a compass.  That dot, that is different from all the other tick marks and hence should mark north?  It marks SOUTH.  The compass is rotated 180 degrees.

It's little things like this that show just how little attention to detail and quality control went into this game.  Could someone who knows their way around SWF files please fix this?

That explains why I have such a hard time finding the beach...... Look at the 'map', if you can call it that.... and the flat area appears to the west, for instance. Seems I have been heading EAST instead of the direction I need to go. Which explains why I find the border of the cell, before I find the ocean....

1 hour ago, HeyYou said:

That explains why I have such a hard time finding the beach...... Look at the 'map', if you can call it that.... and the flat area appears to the west, for instance. Seems I have been heading EAST instead of the direction I need to go. Which explains why I find the border of the cell, before I find the ocean....

Yeah, that's how I figured it out.  I landed south of the water and tried to go north, and went south a looooong way before I figured out what was wrong.

10 minutes ago, aurreth said:

Yeah, that's how I figured it out.  I landed south of the water and tried to go north, and went south a looooong way before I figured out what was wrong.

That seems like a pretty serious oversight..... Considering NO WHERE is it mentioned anywhere I have seen.... (aside from this thread.....) 😄

12 hours ago, HeyYou said:

That seems like a pretty serious oversight..... Considering NO WHERE is it mentioned anywhere I have seen.... (aside from this thread.....) 😄

I've noticed several places where UI elements are upside down.  The compass,  the docking animation (your ship apparently flips 180, docks, then rotates 180 again), a couple others.