Hotkey for build mode? (outpost)

HeyYou

Having to go find the beacon every time I want to enter build mode is a major pain. I am having trouble with the controls, and placing objects where I actually want them...... and find myself blowing myself out of build mode, when that is NOT what I wanted. Would be nice to just stab a key to bet BACK into build mode, rather than having to run back to beacon. Fallout 4 could manage it, why can't Starfield?

Um, you don't have to go back to the beacon.  As long as you are in the outpost build radius, hit F to bring up your scanner and then R to enter build mode.

Edited by aurreth
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, aurreth said:

Um, you don't have to go back to the beacon.  As long as you are in the outpost build radius, hit F to bring up your scanner and then R to enter build mode.

Really?? I'ma gonna have to try that. 😄

THANK YOU!!!

I've always felt that one of the biggest drawbacks to the UI is that there are not separate interfaces for consoles and PCs.  PC users, with access in most cases to at least 101 keys, are forced to hit multiple sequences of the same handful of keys in order to accommodate the limitations of console controllers.  While this is unsurprising given Microsoft's ownership of BSG, it's annoying.

Even more annoying is their font choice, which makes figuring out if the UI wants a D, Q, or O a guessing game.

There's probably a way to use Hotkeys to directly open the build interface by mapping "showmenu something".

Yeah, the build interface is 'clunky' at best...... Would love to see some improvements there. Or, maybe I just need to play with it more, and get 'used to it'.... or some such. 😄