How Do I Make My Mod Popular?

I've recently made a mod called "Artifacts of Earth" on Thursday March 7th, 2024, and it ain't getting as much popularity I was hoping it would get. Here are my mod results:

24 downloads in total, 3 comments (one from me specifically), 1 endorsement, and 1,714 views as of right now. 

I'm not trying to complain or anything. In fact, I'm actually very proud of my work. All I'm trying to say is that I didn't get the results I was aiming for, and that's why I'm asking all of your help to give me suggestions for making my mods popular on Skyrim Nexus. 

I have certain skills, such as video making and editing, as well as photo editing in Photoshop. So, I might use those skills to use for my mod. I just need to know whether or not that will help make my mod popular or not, as well as your honest (but constructive) feedback. Please, so that I can finally get the recognition I desire.

Link to mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/113394

Edited by LordMolagBal45

Guest deleted109327683

Well, maybe you need a better enb, like aaa3561080's Cabbage ENB for NAT 3 Weather .

103042-1697888827-1359929127.png

--------->>The original tone and graphics of game are not very appealing.

Then reconsider how to make the photos of these artifacts more delicious,  like wSkeever's Gemstones Remade - Legacy of The Dragonborn.

86507-1678176773-652588804.png

86507-1678239536-1192992739.png

--------->>This is a great dish, chef! Please hold the spoon and take it seriously!!! 

Better create some videos about them, post them on youtube or somewhere.

Also, you can invite some active members and modders to your discord, try out this mod and leave some suggestions.

I love the vanilla art style and avoid mods that don't blend with it. I'm not alone.

Anyway the real reason your mod isn't getting the attention you want is because Skyrim is approaching it's 13th birthday and your offering has been done 10 times over. In a free market one must provide a product that everyone wants to be "popular". In a world where everything has already been invented, besides completely reinventing them, the best way to achieve your desired goal is to expand and improve the already popular inventions.

personally I avoid mods that adds clutter, I even installed one mod that removes some vanilla clutter. I prefer to spend my fps on ENB effects. Just personal choice, but I might not be alone also...

If the clutter is found only in interiors I might be interested, since I don't have much fps problems in interiors

And your mod seems to add clutter but honestly it should not add much, as I understood everyobject is unique right? I will try it!

Maybe make more clear what the mods does... also it would be great to have a quest attached to them, people love quests, I think

Also better to have screenoshot of the actual item instead of the inventory item, maybe it will spoil the location but I doubt everybody recognize any place in skyrim, try to take screenshots that won't spoil too much if possible

Edited by Tenz81

Honestly, I'd say, just make the mod for yourself, and don't worry about it being popular or not.  If it is, it is; if it isn't, it isn't. 

• Like 3

If you want your mods to be popular, they either have to be useful, preferably original, and/or appeal to a particular type of player.

On top of that, you mod page has to present the mod in a clear, well understandable manner.

Now, Artifacts of Earth.   You just add a bunch of random items which have a backstory in Earth history, but absolutely no relevance in Elder Scrolls  (Tamriel) lore.   Who would this mod appeal to?   History buffs?    They are not likely to approve those items just being stuffed into Skyrim.   Tamriel lore buffs?   These items hold no relevance for them.    For most other players, this is just random clutter with no utility.   Heck, even most player homes will usually have trophy rooms for displaying SKYRIM artifacts.  (Claws, DP masks, daedrics, etc)   Where will they display yours?    If you introduced a bunch of quests, books, etc, explaining how Earth artifacts found their way into Tamriel,  what use/powers do they have in this world, and a story about how the world lores intertwine, you might spark interest.   

Now, the mod site.    You got a bunch of rather lackluster images there, and the description?    Like 80% of the description is an apology to LotD authors for doing something wrong, a disclaimer about using specific religion relics,  and pretty much the rest is how one can 'cheat' and just obtain the artifacts (again, to what purpose?)  without actually looking for them?    About that by the way - anyone wanting to cheat can just use AddItem or Simple Item Spawner  to get them.  No need to do all that key crafting  and stuff.

In a nutshell - badly thought out, no target audience, no purpose, no utility, poorly presented.    Personally for me: I visited the mod page, read the description, looked at images, and felt absolutely zero inclination to try it out.    It felt irrelevant.   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i'm a newer moder on nexus and i make all unique content that hasn't been done before but i havent reached popularity yet could you help out?

The problem with your mod is that it add clutter that provide no benefit in any form and have the size of 200mb, it doesn't provide any incentive to download and use it.

If you are playing with low end rig, last thing you want is more clutter.