2024 time to do away with user tagging

The tagging system on this website is an absolute headache for users. I am continually encountering mods vanishing from the site because users are incorrectly tagging the mods and they fall under a filter i'm using.

Examples, sfw tagged as nsfw(forces me to always have nsfw enabled), a mod that is not a character preset tagged as a character preset (category does not even exist on the particular game's mod page). It is really tiresome the amount of time wasted trying to find out why  a particular mod has vanished.

Surely in 2024 there is a better way than letting your own users dictate what others can see!

Edited by nukabarbarian

That would leave three options:

1) Staff members and/or volunteers do the tagging: Unrealistically high workload. Doesn't remove the human error factor. A terrible idea.

2) Some kind of an algorithm or AI does the tagging: Mistakes, mistakes, and mistakes would be made, resulting in very unreliable tagging. A terrible idea.

3) No tagging: A terrible idea.

🤷‍♀️

Can't say I've ever had a problem with tags, anyway.

• 1 month later...

Nexus gives option to MA whether or not to allow users to tag. If there is mod(s) that you feel has been incorrectly tagged by users report it to MA so they can review and remove them if they agree

The reason the site allows users to tag is some MA do not tag their mods. So the problem you describe is from users abusing system designed to help other users from MA that did not tag that can only be fixed by that MA and or staff lol

Ideally MA's would all correctly tag their own mods so would not need users to tag but since that does not always happen you will run into this and will have to deal with it on a mod per mod basis