Workaround for Baldur's Gate 3 LSLib .NET Runtime issues

Hey everyone

It's been discovered over the weekend that a recent update to LSLib\Divine now requires .NET Desktop Runtime 8 to be installed which we didn't know about, nor did it get mentioned in the changelogs since it went pre-release in December.

We are working on a fix as we speak but until then, please follow the below steps to get yourselves back up and running.

1. Close Vortex
  2. Download and Install .NET 8.0 Desktop Runtime from Microsoft
  3. Restart computer
  4. Open Vortex

Any issues, please give us a shout here or on Discord.

Regards,

insomnious

316453958-c0b64224-b0db-4d06-8639-30d3602cb7fe.png

• Like 6

Hello,
I have installed .NET and performed all the recommended steps. I reinstalled LSLib\Divine, uninstalled the Italian translation in case it created conflicts, however the game still doesn't read mods. I'm posting some screenshots of mine or vortex, in case there was some wrong setting. However until the update the mods worked perfectly with these settings. Thanks for your attention.

Scr vortex mod order.png

Scr vortex download.png

scr vortex extensions.png

scr vortex mod loc.png

scr vortex download loc.png

scr vortex mods2.png

On 3/31/2024 at 12:19 PM, ZImbabwepolice said:

Hi I still get this error message (and no mods load) after doing this and uninstalling-reinstalling everything- vortex, LSLib, bg3, and the mods. 
image.png.3b4ef6fa40ce5be22f7ba8eecd38bebd.png

Did you follow the advice in the first post of this thread? 

On 3/31/2024 at 11:09 PM, PotemaSeptimTheWolfQueen said:

I'm have the same error pop up, though for the most part many of my mods are working despite vortex saying they aren't any help would be appreciated

If you're still having problems, take a look at this fix for .NET 6 that more than likely applies to .NET 8 too https://modding.wiki/en/vortex/users/dotnet#fixing-program-files-permissions

On 3/31/2024 at 1:15 PM, voodoona said:

I'm no longer getting the "failed to read pak" errors, but my game is still failing to recognize that any of my mods are installed. I did all the suggested steps :')

Seconding this issue. Also followed the .net6 fix from Pickysaurus. Still no mods loading. Deployment in Vortex is suspiciously short.

Edited by MonkeyRobot22
Clarification of note.

15 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

If you're still having problems, take a look at this fix for .NET 6 that more than likely applies to .NET 8 too https://modding.wiki/en/vortex/users/dotnet#fixing-program-files-permissions

Thanks for the tips, but after answering yes to the top two questions and applying the fix in the link, still getting no mods loaded, even though the "failed to read .pak" errors no longer appear.

The mods not showing up in the game is an unrelated issue. You should go to "Open -> Game Mods Folder" and verify they have been deployed. You should also check all modules are enabled in the load order tab. Finally, Vortex has a notifications section to tell you if something has gone wrong. 

If all of these things check out, you may simply have mods installed that don't work with the latest update. 

• Like 1