Fixing Oblivion Instability

llloyd

Hello! I've picked up Oblivion recently and, even though I updated the UOP (all three, main game, Shivvering Isles, and DLC) and xOBSE the game still runs for about an hour or two then CTD during either going though a door or teleporting, no error pop up neither. I'm thinking I need to tweak the xOBSE settings or Oblivion Anti Stutter .ini or something to accommodate my newer hardware. Just not sure what needs editing in which files. Let me see here...

GameMode=Oblivion

Oblivion.esm=1
Knights - Revelation.esm=1
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp=1
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp=1
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp=1
DLCShiveringIsles.esp=1
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp=1
DLCHorseArmor.esp=1
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCVileLair.esp=1
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp=1
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCSpellTomes.esp=1
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCThievesDen.esp=1
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp=1
Knights.esp=1
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
Custom Autosave.esp=1
Jhaerik's Dungeon Fog Remover.esp=1
StockClothingArmor-forExnems.esp=1
mighty_bows_arrows_recovery.esp=1
100%ChameleonMod.esp=1
1SI_Horses.esp=1
Auto Update Leveled Items And Spells.esp=1
mighty_bows_sneak_dmg_bonus.esp=1
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp=1
DBShadowSet_Khajiit.esp=1
DB Shadow Set - Khajiit - Mods.esp=1
Predator Vision Amulet.esp=1
mighty_bows_damage_bonus.esp=1
Bow Mods.esp=1
DenockArrowToo.esp=1
Knights_fem.esp=1
playable golden saint and dark seducer armour.esp=1
More and cheap training-8523.esp=1
Vial Of Human Blood-5161.esp=1
The Lost Spires.esp=1
Kvatch Rebuilt.esp=1
Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp=1
OCO_UOP_USIP_Patch.esp=1
Gianna.esp=1
HUD Status Bars.esp=1
Night Eye Toggle-2666.esp=1
Improved Hotkeys.esp=1
Knights - Revelation.esp=1
Enhanced Water v2.0 HDMI.esp=1
Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
Lesser powers.esp=1
goldenarrowarcheryshopfixedprices.esp=1
Golden Arrow Armor Mods.esp=1
Bag of Holding.esp=1
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
mighty_bows_full.esp=1
mighty_bows_gravitation_mod.esp=1
mighty_bows_improved_firerate.esp=1
mighty_bows_sneak_dmg_bonus_alt.esp=1
Moonshadow Elves - NoSc.esp=1
Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
RenGuardOverhaul.esp=1
RTFemaleReplacerV12.esp=1
ShrineMarkers.esp=1
Training Sword.esp=1
Shroud Armor AC Boost.esp=1
Perfect_Weather.esp=1
Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tae_CO_RD.esp=1
Wayshrines on the Map.esp=1
Lost Paladins of the Divines.esp=1
ImprovedSigns.esp=1
Cat_eyes.esp=1
BrotherhoodRenewed.esp=1
SkinMannequinVan-nosleep.esp=1
DS and GS Playable.esp=1
Auto Potion.esp=1
SkinMannequinVan.esp=1
OCO_Eyes_Fix.esp=1
Stav_ImperialDragon.esp=1
KotN Revelations Playable Armor.esp=1
Purge Cell Buffers ++.esp=1
OCO_DLCHorseArmor_Patch.esp=1
OCO_DLCMehrunesRazor_Patch.esp=1
OCO_DLCThievesDen_Patch.esp=1
OCO_KnightsOTN_Patch.esp=1
OCO_KvatchRebuilt_Patch.esp=1
All Spells Avalible for Enchanting and Spell Making.esp=1
ArmorRatingUnCappedREDUX.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1

Plus ENB for the graphics and lighting improvement , xOBSE 22.9 , Oblivion Stutter Remover, Blockhead, Engine Bug Fixes, Fast Exit, Menu Que, Jail Fix, Training Fix, and a dll named weOCPS in the plugins folder. O.o

Anyway, anyone know how to tweak the inis ? I have a Ryzen 7 5700 X system with 32gb of memory, and an RX 6800xt video card.  The .exe should be patched or one of the previously mentioned programs should be handling the 32bit 4gb memory fix. So...

7 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

No. 1 get rid of weOCPS. It doesn't prevent crashes, it just masks them. In fact, now it causes them with the newer versions of OBSE.

Yeah, after I posted the above I found that out, got rid of it, still crashing after about an hour. I'm * assuming * it's a memory issue so I need to adjust the memory settings in OBSE or ENBoost (I switched the ENB for that instead, again, to try and fix this crashing issue) .

Used Loot, yes. Umm, actually... Bah, it erased that log, I didn't even think of it, as I just installed CobbCrashLogger. But my last session I saved and closed normally, earlier it had crashed. As for mods, no, I haven't played it in a few years, but it should be the same as before, just I upgraded the system, now I run an AMD video card, a rx 6800xt , but with the drivers released in December, the newer ones broke the Beth titles and I had to downgrade to that before they worked. >.< Oh! To explain, when I first ran FO:NV (TTW) it auto detected the new card and set the wrong renderer in the renderinfo.txt file so no hair rezzed and stuff like that. Once I downgraded on a hunch, it redetected my card and set the right renderer. Yay AMD! Pardon the sarcasm. >.< Since then I've played FO:4, Skyrim, and now Oblivion and no issues like that, so I keep the drivers the older ones until AMD can fix the problem. But it's acting like it's running out of memory, the ENBoost has helped with that, but it'll still CTD unexpectedly while teleporting or going though a door. I use a Cell Buffer Purge mod so maybe heap? Dunno. I thought the Engine Bug Fixes was suppose to handle that. O.o I do know some website had given me a bunch of memory settings for SKSE which helped Skyrim, but I have found no such info for OBSE. And I don't want to assume, since OBSE is now handled by someone other than the Silverlock team unlike SKSE, that those settings are the same between the two, and Skyrim is a different engine than Oblivion. Umm, let me see...

My SKSE settings, FYI

Under General
EnableDiagnostics=1
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
Under Display
iTintTextureResolution=2048
Under Memory
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

LOOT doesn't deal with old Oblivion mods very well, so BOSS is still the better option. You have a number of old mods in that list. You should replace them with newer alternatives. All Natural in particular is the replacement for the Max Tael stuff. I would actually get rid of most of the memory stuff you're messing with, especially the cell buffer purge. While Oblivion won't take advantage of modern hardware, it runs just fine on it. The only thing I'm running is OSR and even with that, I had to disable a lot of the "advanced" tweaks.

Also a number of those mods can be replaced with Wrye Bash tweaks.

18 hours ago, Striker879 said:

Blue's Engine Fixes is different than EngineBugFixes by Tiawar.

Oh! Installed. We'll see how long I get with it installed. Thank you. Hopefully this'll fix the issue. >.<