Ship elevator in Mantis Lore not fully functional?

DirtyDan86

Hi everyone, 

I‘m currently working on making the Mantis Lore my home base, cleaning it up, decorating it all by simply placing an outpost beacon in it.

My only issue is the ship elevator isn’t working. I can use the switch and it‘s playing a sound, but after the one time it went up during the quest it‘s not coming down again.

Is there any way to make it fully functional via console commands or maybe a mod?

The ship lift only goes up.  You can't even use the console to drop it (I tried).  Pretty much it behaves like Fallout 4 vault doors, which only move once (fixing that took me more time than I want to think about, and a ton of help 😬 ).  I took a look at this once, from what I can tell it needs a script rewrite.

And don't use an outpost beacon (because it's an interior cell).  You are better off using SKK50's Player Homes Anywhere, which handles the conversion better.

Edited by aurreth

Ok, went back to the Mantis Lair to get the RefID for the switch... and found the entire cell reset, including the lift now being in the down position, with the static Razorleaf on it.  Before you ask, no the armor doesn't respawn, and raising the ship again does not give you a second Razorleaf parked outside.

Sooo, maybe go to Venus and sleep for a few weeks until the cell resets?  You'll have to kill the Spacers again, because the security door will be closed blocking off access to the elevator.

24 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

Yeah, how do you go about playing an animation backwards, via script? 😄

Depends on how they implemented it.  For vault doors they were always designed to move both ways, but Beth crippled the switches, which resulted in all doors only being able to move once.  If they were open you could close them, if they were closed you could open them, and then they'd stop working.  The biggest issue in changing that was that vault door state (open or closed) is baked into the save, and getting it to accept the new position is really finicky.

The ship lift could very easily be the same, a more generic elevator script designed to go both ways, but crippled for this specific instance because once you've collected the spaceship you aren't supposed to be able to drop the lift and see the "ship" still on it.

Clarification:  the ship on the lift is static.  It's just a display, you can't even walk up to it (invisible wall).  It goes up, is hidden by the lift, and the real, flyable Razorleaf spawns outside.  If it's possible to fix it so the lift comes down again the static ship on it will need to be disabled (hidden).

3 hours ago, aurreth said:

Depends on how they implemented it.  For vault doors they were always designed to move both ways, but Beth crippled the switches, which resulted in all doors only being able to move once.  If they were open you could close them, if they were closed you could open them, and then they'd stop working.  The biggest issue in changing that was that vault door state (open or closed) is baked into the save, and getting it to accept the new position is really finicky.

The ship lift could very easily be the same, a more generic elevator script designed to go both ways, but crippled for this specific instance because once you've collected the spaceship you aren't supposed to be able to drop the lift and see the "ship" still on it.

Clarification:  the ship on the lift is static.  It's just a display, you can't even walk up to it (invisible wall).  It goes up, is hidden by the lift, and the real, flyable Razorleaf spawns outside.  If it's possible to fix it so the lift comes down again the static ship on it will need to be disabled (hidden).

And the current ship lowered? Oh, that would be fun....... 😄

14 hours ago, HeyYou said:

And the current ship lowered? Oh, that would be fun....... 😄

Size problem.  The top of the lift looks to be a reduced size outpost landing pad, just large enough for the static Razorleaf, which isn't a very big ship.

Beth missed a bet by not making the Lair a player home from the get go.  I'm sure it will be early in the mods released once the CK drops.

7 minutes ago, aurreth said:

Size problem.  The top of the lift looks to be a reduced size outpost landing pad, just large enough for the static Razorleaf, which isn't a very big ship.

Beth missed a bet by not making the Lair a player home from the get go.  I'm sure it will be early in the mods released once the CK drops.

Yep. The Mantis Lair would make for an awesome base. But, you are correct on the landing pad..... that would be a problem, as the ships I build are frequently very close to the 80 meter limit..... and that most certainly will NOT fit on the Lair Landing pad. Hhhmmm....... Probably going to be a significant task to enlarge that......

HURRY UP CK!!! 😄