So how do I get the "Home" and "page down" button to work in the middle of a game animation?

8 hours ago, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

thata re shared with the numbers on the number pad on this laptop

Hit Num Lock if you have it -- it toggles between "numpad types numbers" and "numpad is cursor keys + Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/etc".

(I'm assuming this is an actual numpad, not shared with letter/punctuation keys on the right side of the main keyboard.)

12 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

Hit Num Lock if you have it -- it toggles between "numpad types numbers" and "numpad is cursor keys + Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/etc".

(I'm assuming this is an actual numpad, not shared with letter/punctuation keys on the right side of the main keyboard.)

HI it is on right side of keyboard but normal laptop configuration.

I have numbers on top the keyboard and on the right.

I do have a numlock button i will be sure to try it thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

5 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

Hmm, does your game/animation program/whatever you're running have a way to change the keybindings to different keys, so you don't have to fuss with Home and End not working?

no .

it is AAF running on falllout 4.

So during AAF animations you can stop them by pushing "end " button or go to a selection via the "Home " button.

This laptop is near new I am sure i am just missing a trick to enable those.

But the fn and fn lock seem to do nothing. and others I found on how-tos as well.

4 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

Well, worst case, you can plug in a keyboard with dedicated Home and End keys.

Otherwise, there are programs out there to remap keys.

thats what i am starting got think too. I have nly 2 regular" USBs and headset and mouse use them up right now (plus USBc and thunderbolt and HDMi), but i have a USB splitter new in a box here so I might use that for an extra keyboard

Otherwise I cant play that mod as it requires the use of the "end" button to progress from a stage.

Go into your bios, and see if there is an option for the function key. Generally, it defaults to On, and you have to press it to get the F keys. Turn it off, and pressing F1, will actually do what F1 normally does in game. ๐Ÿ˜„