Claim Technology For Brotherhood of Steel

Dimensionlord1

Would be nice if there was a way to turn in valuable technology to the Brotherhood similar to how you could turn in tech to the outcasts in fallout 3. Valuable or interesting items like energy weapons, the alien blaster, power armor pieces, etc. Also maybe fun alternates to some quests and what not like claiming the Yangtze submarine, or the alien spacecraft crashed near Oberland Station. The brotherhood hauling them back to the airforce base.

• Like 1

Scribe Haylen has a radiant of seeking small items across the Commonwealth. What I'd think would be good is the main Brotherhood sending you out with colored smoke flares to mark items they'd reclaim like Downed Vertibirds and all those spare sets of power armor you find or win off of Raiders. Mark a site, get a reward, and the Brotherhood sends a 'bird with a recovery crew.

• Like 2

I love the idea of marking things and them actually showing up at the airport. The UFO and the vertibirds like you said but also stingrays and APC's, maybe even tanks and trucks.

If you're crazy enough to include the Yangtze then you should also go for the USS Constitution post-quest.

No way I'm giving unique or rare loot to them for it to just disappear though. However, if whatever I give them is going to be neatly arranged on a display in a secure location, then I'd consider it. For example a master locked display in the room where Liberty Prime's parts start out, giving you the option to steal them back if you change your mind.

As per usual I'm getting carried away but this concept has a lot of potential and I could go on 😅 good idea making this post.

• Like 1

As cool as the marked object idea is, the amount of work required to navmesh and regenerate previsbines at all of those locations post BoS acquisition would be mind-boggling. Creating patches for a bajillion other mods that make use of the same cells would be even worse.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, rsm000rsm said:

@ImmortalAbsol Don't give up hope. We just need to find someone with the appropriate level of ambition (or gullibility) to undertake such a project. 😉

Haha, I'm tempted to use ‘Place Everywhere’ to disable workshop timeout and enable extra object selection to pick up and drag the things to the airport myself xD

Only thing is if combat forces me to leave workshop mode I'll have to go back to an owned settlement to re-enable it and then walk back to where I put the object.

2 hours ago, ImmortalAbsol said:

Haha, I'm tempted to use ‘Place Everywhere’ to disable workshop timeout and enable extra object selection to pick up and drag the things to the airport myself xD

Only thing is if combat forces me to leave workshop mode I'll have to go back to an owned settlement to re-enable it and then walk back to where I put the object.

That's not a bad idea, actually. At the very least, you'd be able to find out which objects are part of the precomines and which aren't. Pretty sure the crashed UFO is part of the precombines, but many APCs, vertibirds, and the like probably aren't.

The downside is that stuff you bring to the airport will vanish and reappear at the original locations when the cells reset. I'm not 100% certain of this, but I think that's how it works.

As an aside, it should be relatively easy (by comparison) to adjust BoS vendors to pay more for energy weapons, PA pieces, high-tech junk items, and the like.

On 4/14/2024 at 5:03 PM, rsm000rsm said:

As cool as the marked object idea is, the amount of work required to navmesh and regenerate previsbines at all of those locations post BoS acquisition would be mind-boggling. Creating patches for a bajillion other mods that make use of the same cells would be even worse.

Its time to disable TimeStamp, PreVis and PreCombines for exterior cells ...

The problem with canceling Precombines is and always has been that the engine cannot handle that many separate objects. That's why crap that breaks precombines in cells ends up leading to hideous slowdowns and outright CTD.

With the game about to get the threatened Next-Gen Nerfing, it is certainly NOT time to derail the engine.

4 hours ago, BlazeStryker said:

The problem with canceling Precombines is and always has been that the engine cannot handle that many separate objects. That's why crap that breaks precombines in cells ends up leading to hideous slowdowns and outright CTD.

With the game about to get the threatened Next-Gen Nerfing, it is certainly NOT time to derail the engine.

There's also the matter of generating new LoD in some cases and filling terrain holes hidden by some of those objects.