Fallout4, FO4SE and the Mods

MikeCobalt

Hello :), I've recently started FO4 and do have the Script Extender installed, MO2 loads through "f4se_loader" however the MCM shows $/Dollar signs and certain mods seem fine while other mods do not. When starting the screen shows "$NO_F4SE". Some mods are working while others their MCM fields are empty. I verified the Script extender is working using the "Get FO4SEVersion" and it returned "F4SE version: 0.6.23, release idx25, runtime 010A0A30"" so that seems fine, after a few days, this is getting frustrating.

4 hours ago, showler said:

Another possibility:

Yea, I did watch a video from Gopher it had ...

MG/FO4Fallout4Custom

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

MG/Fallout4Prefs
[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1

I did add those where they go, maybe it wasn't that alone, but the game ran "verrryyy slow and choppy afterwards, besides it didn't even solve the MCM "$" problem. I did get the link from a sticky on the MCM mod creators posts.

The message $NO_F4SE" is suspicious. Did you try to launch the "f4se_loader" without "MO2" direclty form game folder? Regarding the "$" signs this old thread might help:

I had the problem with the missing language string once myself.

12 hours ago, subaverage said:

The message $NO_F4SE" is suspicious. Did you try to launch the "f4se_loader" without "MO2" direclty form game folder? Regarding the "$" signs this old thread might help:

I had the problem with the missing language string once myself.

Yes, I do have MO2 launch using f4se_loader. Also I'm sure the Script Extender is running, using the "GetF4SEVersion" it responds with "F4SE version: 0.6.23, release idx25, runtime 010A0A30" and some of the mods do work, the Simple sleeping bags, Body Slide did work. I've removed nearly all of the mods now and there no [$NO_F4SE] on startup anymore, but then again, I'm down from 14 to just 3 mods until this is fixed.

8 minutes ago, showler said:

Maybe if you list your mods we can find some reference to this problem?

I've already uninstalled those mods; this has been an issue for a few days already and I was getting some feedback from a couple of others, unfortunately, they didn't know either so the issue just faded out. Oddly, MO2 did list all of the scripts loaded, showed them as Checked in the Archives section and left panel/information none of those tabs showed any conflicts at all. I really don't know, I try to do these things in the basic, step by step manner (following instructions) but this time, it didn't work. I'll pick up FO4 again later, in the meantime, I'm going back to Skyrim. Thanks for the offer though :).

I suggested to start the game from the game main folder's f4se_loader.exe to exclude that MO2 might be the problem. If you do so and the problem persists the last thing I could think of is that the installation of F4SE might not be ok. You could try to install F4SE again. Make sure that you extract the files to the same folder where the Fallout4.exe ist and that the F4SE version matches your game version.