Chat with Forum Friends

Drakefell01

6 hours ago, Drakefell01 said:

You were out west and they have a lot of pollution there and the boreal air is hard on allergies to 

and i know you're out west because that is where banf is (alberta and calgary) 

When I was out west there wasn't a lot of concern about pollution.  There wasn't a stink about Leaded gasoline until I was much older.  People still used Leaded gasoline.  Cow farts were a lot more worrisome, them being loaded with Methane.

• Like 1

Canadian strong bread flour is still the finest flour in the world if you ask me! 🙂

8 hours ago, Drakefell01 said:

What's everyone up to now?

This morning, I planted a second batch of the various beans to replace the ones the slugs ate. 

I'm building a raised bed today... I think... It's a bit cloudy...

• Like 1

it was in the mid 2000s wen the pollution came into affect my theory is you may have the same thing I have which is an allergy to boreal type trees did you have:

Itchy / stinging eyes

Pain or discomfort in your lungs 

Troubles breathing

Urge to cough 

Wheezing 

headache

constant sneezing

These are the symptoms I have with my cedar allergy and there is 4000 times more cedars out west then out east were I live 

My nose became sensitive because the first bits of whatever was getting into them made my sinuses swell up to keep any more of whatever was in the air from getting into my nose.  I have a super dust cirulating system with an HEPA filter and use a UVlizer to get rid of dust mites and their eggs.  The UVlizer does a lot more.  I turn it on, leave the house to go do chores and come back in a couple of hours and rooms have fresh air. 

The UVlizer I have requires leaving the rooms doors and windows closed and leave the premises for a big room for an hour and forty minutes because it creates an Ozone which cleans out lots of stuff, but we must leave until the 60 minutes of the cleaning is going on  and another 40 minutes has passed giving the Ozone time to leave and air be restored.

Posted (edited)

Can't help you then all I know is that I have no problems down in kitchener.

Edited by Drakefell01

Down in?  Is there a place up above kitchener?  Are you living in a skyscraper apartement with a kitchen in the basement?   "WINK, WINK"  Snicker.